X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tidefans
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.7.x

Install problems with project tools

After I upload the project tools files and then go to Product Import, I attempt to import the xml file from ./includes/xml/product-vbprojecttools.xml

When I do so, I get the following screen that does not change:

Importing Product
    , Please Wait...

[:]
    The tables are created and some data appears to upload into these tables when I look at the tables in phpmyadmin. HOWEVER, no control panel menu is added nor is the project tools added to the VB Options screen.

Any help with this is appreciated!

thanks.
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

Did you add all the files that come with PT? Did you refresh the ACP to see if the menu loaded?
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• tidefans
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.7.x

Problem solved.

Apparently it was timing out previously before the xml file was through importin. Not sure what changed but it just uploaded properly. Thanks for the response.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

I had this happen the first time I tried installing as well. Had to reimport the product file to get it to work. Never quite figured it out but I think for some reason MySQL stalled while creating a table.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• James Welsh
          • May 2001
          • 3.6.x

I am also experiencing this problem; on import, I get the same message as tidefans and although tables are created nothing appears in the AdminCP.

The vBulletin Blog product imports successfully so I don't know what the problem is with Project Tools.

I have the issue when using both IE and Firefox and when importing the file from server or uploading it. I have tried uploading the files multiple times.

If I try to reimport the product XML file I get a database error:

MySQL Error : Table 'pt_issue' already exists
          Error Number : 1050
          James Welsh
          http://www.digitalspy.co.uk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...