X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDuc
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

Trying to decide if it's right for our boards

I am an admin over on mp3car.com. We have numerous software forums for the various front end programs out there for CarPCs.

Mainy, I'm interested in this for our own software front end (StreetDeck).

I've used a few mods in conjunction with each other to set-up a support forum system.

You can find it here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/streetdeck-bug-reports/

As you can see, when you go to submit a new thread, it takes you to a form instead. I'd like to keep this functionality so that we ensure we're getting the information we need (at least present the user with the information we need).

I see where you can set it where the users can only submit a bug, or can submit other aspects and where you can set severity and a category.

Is there an online demo (since there's a demo of vBulletin) somewhere where I can test out this functionality?

Will I be able to enter new fields, etc?
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

You can enter new issue types and add relevant options to the menu for your requirements. You can also add a set of tags which the user can then select the relevant ones to their issue.

Comment

• JDuc
      • Dec 2006
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
      You can enter new issue types and add relevant options to the menu for your requirements. You can also add a set of tags which the user can then select the relevant ones to their issue.

Adding relevant options...as in, I can add new fields?

In short, can I make it to take care of the bug reporting that's in the forum I linked to. Can I add fields like that?

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

Issue types can contain any options. For example, you could have an issue type that has options like

Computer
        Mobile Phone
        MP3 Player
        DVD Player

Or you can add these into the versions with more information in the versions field. You can also have different versions for each issue type.

Comment

• JDuc
          • Dec 2006
          • 3.6.x

I think we're on different thought processes here.

By chance, have you seen the link to the bug reporting forum I've linked to?

You will see the fields as follows:

What version is this bug report for?

Is the system in your CarPC specs the same system you are reporting this bug from? Yes/No
          If no, please describe your system here:

If you are reporting a hands free blue tooth phone bug, please fill out the following:
          Phone Carrier
          Phone Manufacturer
          Phone Model

Are you able to recreate this bug at will?
          Please list the steps required to recreate this bug.

Please provide any other relevent information.

I need to have these fields present.

The last part: Please provide any other relevent information will naturally be taken care of by the reply box.

However, I would like to present the user with the fields above the reply box as they should enter this information in before they start to tell us about their issue.

Am I to assume that there is not a live demo avaliable for this where I can go into the adminCP to see the possible settings and test it out myself like you can do before you purchase vBulletin?

Comment

• JDuc
            • Dec 2006
            • 3.6.x

bump?

Comment

• SSSlippy
              • Jan 2006

There arnt forms by default that would require code mods.

Comment

• JDuc
                • Dec 2006
                • 3.6.x

thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately this is a major feature that I need in order for this to be used on our forums.

I guess I'll continue using the 3 mods I've put together for now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...