Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sykoi
    • Dec 2004

Hide projects?

I apologize if this is not in the correct forum, I did not see a forum to post in for Project Tools, for users who have questions before ordering.

I have a few questions:
    1) Can I set new projects up so only certain user groups even know they exist? In other words, like a private forum - you can only see the forum if you can view it.
    2) Going on #1, can I deny a user's ability to view a project, and whats inside it (All of the reports and such)?
    3) Can projects be made as sub-forums? As in, if I wanted to place the project "Project Car" under "Cars and trucks" forum, could I do that, and would the user see it in the same area as the rest of the sub-forums?
    4) Is it possible to hide all tasks, bug reports, and/or feature requests in a certain project by default?

I think that's about it for now.
    Last edited by Sykoi; Mon 2 Jul '07, 5:34pm.
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

There's no sub-projects (like sub-forums) if that's what you mean.

Yes, the Project Tools comes with detailed permissions that you can customize to what a usergroup can see and do. You can view more about Project Permissions here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/p...ct_permissions
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Sykoi
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Onimua
      There's no sub-projects (like sub-forums) if that's what you mean.

Yes, the Project Tools comes with detailed permissions that you can customize to what a usergroup can see and do. You can view more about Project Permissions here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/p...ct_permissions
      Thanks for the speedy reply... I updated my post right as you posted that though :P

By sub-forum, I mean - I already have around 100 forums on my board, and I want about 5 of them to have Project areas for users to post bugs... Can I place the project area under each of those forums, or are all the project areas placed in the same place?

And I've already read through the manual, but I'm a bit confused on the permissions... It sounds/looks like users will be able to see the project regardless of what permission you have set, just not what bugs/features/requests are inside it... And that would be very bad for what I need.

Comment

• Onimua
        • Apr 2005

If you look through the main Project Permissions page...

Admin CP > Project Tools > Project Permissions

You'll see two sections for global, or project-specific. In either case, if you look at the options provides once you click [Edit], you'll see the permissions are quite thorough. Apologies if I'm still not understanding you though.

As for the forum thing, yes, you can add them under a forum if they appear on the forum home. Right now it doesn't go under sub-forums though (and this was brought up during the beta as well). When you create a project, you have the option to do so.

EDIT: It should be noted that when you opt to have a project appear on the forum home, depending on where you put it, that project link will automatically assume the permissions for that forum/category. So if you put the project link under a member-only category, it will only appear for members when they're logged in.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...