Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ruskicowboy
    • Apr 2006

Blog 1.0.5 upgrade to 2.0.2 failing

I have vbulletin 3.8.0 with Blog 1.0.5 installed. I've been trying to upgrade to 4.0.3 (keeps failing). So, in case the upgrade script needs the latest version of the blog software installed before doing the upgrade, I decided to upgrade the blog software to 2.0.2 before doing the site upgrade to 4.0.3. BUT, the upgrade to that version keeps trying to create the blog tables which are already there. The upgrade scripts just stops with errors. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Justin
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

How exactly are you doing the upgrade? Are you following the instructions here:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Ruskicowboy
      • Apr 2006

Yes. I put "./includes/xml/product-vbblog.xml" into the text box, check the overwrite radio button and then import.

Then it fails trying to create tables that are already there.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Please fill out a support ticket at:

and mark it for my attention. Please include a link to this thread and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
        Vote for:

Comment

• Ruskicowboy
          • Apr 2006

I have a ticket open for the upgrade of VBulletin as a whole, though this issue is part of the ticket. #1017354

I can't give you access to our development server because it isn't visible to the outside world. I can give you access to our production admincp, but we will not be upgrading it until I can get the upgrade to work in our dev. Will that info be useful?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Post your AdminCP login information to that Bug and Zachery will pick it up
            Vote for:

Comment

• Ruskicowboy
              • Apr 2006

Will do. Thanks.

Comment

• carrlos27
                • Nov 2006
                • 3.8.x

This is the same problem that I have posted previously and never got resolved. I could not upgrade to vB4 with Blog 1.0.5 so I tried to upgrade to 2.0.2 first but it kept failing. In the end, I upgraded without the blog feature and am not using it until there is a resolution (which is a pity since I paid for it).

I am going to subscribe to this thread and hope that Ruskicowboy gets some help that will help me too.

History:

vBulletin Ticket System (Ticketid: 984776)

Comment

• Ruskicowboy
                  • Apr 2006

Ok. I was finally able to upgrade the boards (without upgrading the blog to 2.0.2 beforehand). Apparently on my first failed upgrade, there are tables created that will screw up subsequent attempts at upgrades. I'm not sure which tables are the culprit, but I had to literally drop the database, recreate it, and then repopulate it with a backup. Only then did the upgrade work (as long as I disabled all my plugins first). I have a feeling those errant tables are also causing the problems with the blog upgrade.

Comment

• carrlos27
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 3.8.x

So your upgrade was successful and you were able to preserve your old blogs? The old blogs are working under vB4?

Comment

• Ruskicowboy
                      • Apr 2006

Yes, the blogs are intact and seem to be working fine. I'm now having to "rebuild" the look of the site since the old way of doing things (as far as placing our Header and Footer information into the templates) do not work anymore, and all the old templates from 3.8 are incompatible.

Comment

• carrlos27
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 3.8.x

Would you be willing to post a step-by-step on how you did it? I would very much like to try this myself to recover my old blogs. I can't get any help otherwise.

Comment

• Ruskicowboy
                          • Apr 2006

You'll have to give me a bit of time. If you don't have a backup from before your failed upgrade to compare with the current db structure, it will be tougher. Basically, you'll have to figure out which tables were created (and not needed by your current version), and drop those tables.

Comment

• carrlos27
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3.8.x

Currently I have a backup of 3.8.4 PL2 with Blog 1.0.5 that runs fine. So, tell me if this sounds correct:

1) I attempt the upgrade and it fails
                            2) Then I compare the db blog tables of the known good backup with the db blog tables of the failed upgrade
                            3) Delete the tables that were created but are not in the orginal db

Comment

• Ruskicowboy
                              • Apr 2006

Maybe. As long as your backup is a "clean" backup (before the first failed attempt at an upgrade), then it should be ok. My only concern is why this failed for you in the first place. In my case, it was because I forgot to disable my plugins before attempting the upgrade, and I was doing a full site upgrade, not just the blogs.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...