help: Warning: require_once(/home/.fades/motoman/motodfw.com/global.php)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allanboydus
    • Apr 2008

help: Warning: require_once(/home/.fades/motoman/motodfw.com/global.php)

I'm attempting to upgrade my site. The hosting co has moved it to a different server and obviously there's an incorrect path somewhere:

Warning: require_once(/home/.fades/motoman/motodfw.com/global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/global.php(611) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/.fades/motoman/motodfw.com/global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/motoman/motodfw.com/forums/global.php(611) : eval()'d code on line 1

I've grep'd through the entire site for the path "/home/.fades/motoman/motodfw.com" and it does not exist in any file. "/home/motoman/motodfw.com/forums" is the correct path.

Does anyone have an idea on where this path is comming from?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Are you trying to run the vBulletin 4 blog on vBulletin 3?

Comment

• allanboydus
      • Apr 2008

I'm not sure how that would be possible, but no... I'm not

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Allan, I do not see a blog license on your account.

Comment

• allanboydus
          • Apr 2008

If I've posted on the wrong forum i appologize. I'm running vbulletin forum v3.7 with vbportal v3.7

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

What's the URL of the page you're getting that problem on?
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• allanboydus
              • Apr 2008

you can view it at the following:

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

I believe the problem is your third party addon you might want to contact their support.

Comment

• allanboydus
                  • Apr 2008

well, the URL I provided bypasses vbportal entirely. vbportal is actually working. Any attempt to use vbulletin fails. vbulletin is installed in the /forums subdir

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

There isn't a line 611 on vBulletin's global.php file, what happens if you disable your plugins via config.php with define("DISABLE_PLUGINS", true); ?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• allanboydus
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                        To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Brilliant, define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); brought the forum back to life. Now to figure out where that path is coming from. It's not in a file....the DB maybe?

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

Check your plugins.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...