What is the deal with the blogs or have I not looked?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveFT
    • Nov 2002

What is the deal with the blogs or have I not looked?

Maybe it is just me but I have been with vbulletin since they were a baby.
    I kept the old version for years because I had so many custom programs added to it.
    One was a blog.
    My blogs could be downloaded and hidden from the public.

Why did I upgrade from my old version of vbulletin to the new one?
    I am running 3.8.4
    Does anyone know how I can offer my users the ability to download their blog?
    I have lost so many users because I don't off this any longer.
    Thanks.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Are you sure you were not using a modification to allow users to download their blogs?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• carrlos27
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.8.x

Were your old blog posts upgraded to the new blog with 4.x.x?? I kept getting errors and haven't gotten any help from vB on how to salvage them.

Comment

• DaveFT
        • Nov 2002

I had a custom written blog program added to vbulletin a long time ago. It was so much better than the blog now. Why did you create a blog that did not allow users to download the blog? People spend years doing their blog and would like to be able to keep it. I have lost so many bloggers when I went from the old version to the new. Does anyone know if their is a plugin to give my bloggers the option to download their blog?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

If there is a modification, then it would be over on vbulletin.org. Do a search over there (although I don't recall seeing many blog modifications over there.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• DaveFT
            • Nov 2002

The custom written blog program I had that was integrated with vbulletin allowed a user to make a blog entry private. Also a user after years of blogging can download it. Why add a blog program to vbulletin that doesn't offer this feature?

Why would someone want to blog and not have the opportunity to download it?
            I lost a lot of bloggers when I upgraded.

Comment