Should I UNINSTALL vB Blog and just use Publishing Suite Blog NOW, or == SAME?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NashChristian
    • May 2008

Should I UNINSTALL vB Blog and just use Publishing Suite Blog NOW, or == SAME?

Hello,

I just upgraded to the 4.0 Publishing Suite. I didn't know that the original vB Blog and Project Tools were becomming "legacy" products, but NOW I know.

Anyhow, since I already had vB Blog, and I've now upgraded to the Publishing Suite, did the NEW blog completely overwrite/integrate with the old blog, or SHOULD I have uninstalled the old blog prior to upgrade?

Is there essentially two blog systems on my site now, the old legacy and the new vB4? Are there old files that I should remove from the OLD blog installation?

I just want to take out the trash, and remove any unneeded files from my server. I also want the tightest integration possible, so is there any difference between what I have now, and what I would have had if I did a fresh install of vB4 without previously having the vB blog installed?

Please advise.

Thanks.
    Jeff
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

The suite upgraded your old blog, its fine.

Comment

• NashChristian
      • May 2008

So it is now the SAME as the new blog would have been?

Thanks.
      Jeff

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Yes, during the vB4 upgrade it upgraded the blog.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...