Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voomies
    • Nov 2009

removing the vBulletin header

I tried to upload a graphic saved on my computer as bbtitle2.xml, but I keep getting this message: No file uploaded and no local file found. Any ideas? The file is right there under the Import Style XML function but it isn't getting picked up
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

XML isn't a graphic extension. You need to use .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp or another image extension
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• voomies
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Trevster
      XML isn't a graphic extension. You need to use .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp or another image extension
      XML Error: not well-formed (invalid token) at Line 1 - that's the message I get after saving the image in Microsoft paint as a .jpg

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

What program did you use to create the image?
        Vote for:

Comment

• voomies
          • Nov 2009

microsoft word

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

You can't use Word to create an image file. Have you no graphics software at all? Microsoft Paint may be on your machine or you can download free tools such as Paint.net.
            Vote for:

Comment

• voomies
              • Nov 2009

I just created the logo directly in microsoft paint but I keep getting this message upon trying to upload: XML Error: not well-formed (invalid token) at Line 1

Comment

• voomies
                • Nov 2009

update

Originally posted by voomies
                I just created the logo directly in microsoft paint but I keep getting this message upon trying to upload: XML Error: not well-formed (invalid token) at Line 1
                I have been trying to download the logo in the upload/download styles section, and it occurs to me that that may not be the right area to do that. Thoughts?

Comment

• Infopro
                  • Jun 2003
                  • 3.8.x

You are correct.

For example if vbuletin.com was your forums and you wanted to change the logo, you need to know the path to the folder it's in. For this forum that location is: vbulletin.com/forum/images/misc/vbulletin4_logo.png Or: public_html/forum/images/misc/ the image you're changing is the vbulletin4_logo.png

Assuming your working with vb4, you can edit the path or image name in the stylevars section > Image paths section > titleimage to anything you want.

But you'll still need to upload an image via FTP client or File Manager of some sort to your directory. There is no option in vbadmin to upload a logo. (yet)

HTH

Comment

• voomies
                    • Nov 2009

okay I got it to take replace the vBulletin logo for mine, but it inserted my logo plus the blank white space in the Paint.net template. Did I do something wrong on the logo creation end or can I crop it within vBulletin?

Comment

• brettr
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 3.8.x

I've tried changing title image with an image uploaded into the same location as the vB logo. It never changes. I put in the vB version 2 logo and that didn't appear either. I changed vbulletin4_logo.png to vbulletin4_logo.png1 just to see what would happen. At that point it rendered text where the logo should go. Meaning, it is looking where I think it is. Why don't any of the other images I try work?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

Brettr, if this is with your vB4 installation, can you post your own thread in the right forum please. Inlude any URLs and screenshots that will help see/identify the problem.
                        Vote for:

Comment