Unable to add Comments to new threads.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trent Roberson
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.6.x

Unable to add Comments to new threads.....

2.02 has just been installed in conjunction with VB 8.4. All went well and to the best of my knowledge, the blog permissions have been propeerly set up. As such, Registered Members, Moderators, etc. can add start new threads.

However, none of the threads seem to have the option of allowing a Comment to be Posted.

What might have I missed in this process?

Thank you.

Trent Roberson
  • dodgeboard.com
    • Nov 2005
    • 4.0.x

I suspect that you are asking how to enable comments to Blog entries in vBuleltin Blog 2.02 w/vBulletin 3.8.4.

Setup Blog Permissions: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blog_permissions

Comment

• Trent Roberson
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by dodgeboard.com
      I suspect that you are asking how to enable comments to Blog entries in vBuleltin Blog 2.02 w/vBulletin 3.8.4.

Setup Blog Permissions: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blog_permissions
      Thank you very much for the information. I missed that one.

However, having done that so that responses can be done, I have noted a new issue which may simply be caused by something I've failed to configure.

In vBulletin AdminCP, I have noted in both the Forums as well as the Blog page you referenced to have ALL posts/resposes moderated.....meaning they need approval before going live at the site.

What I have discovered, and the issue, is that it "appears" that the moderation can take place ONLY from the AdminCP. That poses the added burden of NOT allowing the Blog Author moderate (approve) new entries in THEIR blog. That seems a little awkward and, the blog owner should, in my opinion, have the authority to moderate their own viewer comments.

Is that how it is or, did I miss something in the instructions?

Thank you again.

Trent Roberson

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
        • Nov 2005
        • 4.0.x

Under BLOG GENERAL PERMISSIONS

Set this:

Can Manage Comments within Own Blog - provides the ability for users to manage their own blog comments, allowing them to both delete, edit and moderate them as they see fit.
        to YES.

Comment