Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -Om-
    • Apr 2008

Customization Tutorial?

I would like to provide a plain-English, step-by-step tutorial for customizing vbBlog (2.0.2) for my non-technical users. I've been looking around hoping to find one, but so far no luck. If there is such an animal out there already and someone could point me to it, I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance ...
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I find that pictures are much better than words. When we moved to 3.8 (from 3.6), I posted a thread with separate posts about many of the new features. I put in lots of images to show what they could do and they went right to work playing with their profiles.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• -Om-
      • Apr 2008

Agreed ... if I end up doing it myself I'll definitely use pics wherever possible. If I may ask, did you end up putting together your own because you wanted to, or because you couldn't find a good one out there in the wilderness either?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by -Om-
        Agreed ... if I end up doing it myself I'll definitely use pics wherever possible. If I may ask, did you end up putting together your own because you wanted to, or because you couldn't find a good one out there in the wilderness either?
        I didn't look around to see if there was one already done. I have a thread where I introduce new features, or Did you know you can.... type things and after the upgrade, I added a couple of things to it a week. I spaced it out cuz I didn't want to overload my users with all the new features.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• -Om-
          • Apr 2008

Probably the way I'll end up going too. If you want something done right ...

On the other hand, I'm launching a new site and up to my proverbial eyeballs in projects trying to get it ready as it is, so I'd still be interested in anything out there anyone happens to have seen and/or is willing to share.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...