Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vibe
    • Jan 2005

Categories drop down missing

I noticed this problem after I upgrade to 2.0.2. Categories drop down box is missing when creating a new entry and editing entry.

You can still edit/delete category. I added a new category to see if it would show up but it didn't. This also happens on other members.
    Attached Files
    Yeah Yeah I owned vBulletin Yeah Yeah
  • hydn
    • Sep 2005

Exact problem here. No support for this issue except request for full access to forum and db. On windows we don't use phpmyadmin and ssh so not as easy.

So support is more of an ultimatum. We won't tell you hour to fix and if you don't let us do it, your screwed!

Have you found a solution? The blog prat of vb is just not up to par with the forum product on any level.

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
      • May 2003

Try this.

GO to your Admin CP > vBulletin Blog > Blog Categories

Click Add New Blog Category and add one called Test, then see if they appear.

This will regenerate the Category cache.

If this doesn't work then make sure your templates are up to date. You can do this by going to Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Find Updated Templates

Within the list look for anything prefixed with "blog_"

If you find any that are out of date, revert them.
      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• vibe
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by hydn
        Exact problem here. No support for this issue except request for full access to forum and db. On windows we don't use phpmyadmin and ssh so not as easy.

So support is more of an ultimatum. We won't tell you hour to fix and if you don't let us do it, your screwed!

Have you found a solution? The blog prat of vb is just not up to par with the forum product on any level.
        No I have not. This is still an issue. It's been awhile since I posted this, have you find a solution?

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook
        Try this.

GO to your Admin CP > vBulletin Blog > Blog Categories

Click Add New Blog Category and add one called Test, then see if they appear.

This will regenerate the Category cache.

If this doesn't work then make sure your templates are up to date. You can do this by going to Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Find Updated Templates

Within the list look for anything prefixed with "blog_"

If you find any that are out of date, revert them.
        Thank you for your time and suggestions. Unfortunately I have tried both suggestions before but didn't work. Tried it again after reading your comment, still a no-go. Templates were already all up to date.

Test category didn't even show after I created it in admincp (even rebuilt style right after), let alone user's category.

any other suggestion please? anyone?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by hydn
          On windows we don't use phpmyadmin and ssh so not as easy.
          Why not? phpMyAdmin is an installable web application that is freely downloaded and can be installed on a Windows Machine where it works without problem.

Also if you don't have SSH then you do have Remote Desktop which is just as viable.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by vibe
            any other suggestion please? anyone?
            Revert your blog templates.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• vibe
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              Revert your blog templates.
              Thank you for your suggestion but there was only 1 template I customized (blog_home) and all I did was adding links to the page. I reverted anyway but problem didn't go away.

However I finally fixed this issue by re-uploading and re-importing blog 2.0.2.
              I had to manually delete cscolors from blog_userstats due to duplicate error but it did fixed my issue.

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                • May 2003

Originally posted by vibe
                Thank you for your suggestion but there was only 1 template I customized (blog_home) and all I did was adding links to the page. I reverted anyway but problem didn't go away.

However I finally fixed this issue by re-uploading and re-importing blog 2.0.2.
                I had to manually delete cscolors from blog_userstats due to duplicate error but it did fixed my issue.
                Glad to hear you got it working.
                Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment