How to integrate blog entries into a specific forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deyth
    • Sep 2001
    • 3.7.x

How to integrate blog entries into a specific forum?

I have a bunch of users that are all forum-centric. It's where they're used to posting and reading. Having the blogs be completely separate from existing forums is a guarantee they'll never be read or used. Is there any way to specify an existing forum that will show all blog entries as new threads?
    Deyth Valkyrre
    The Combine
  • pipin
    • May 2003
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Deyth
    I have a bunch of users that are all forum-centric. It's where they're used to posting and reading. Having the blogs be completely separate from existing forums is a guarantee they'll never be read or used. Is there any way to specify an existing forum that will show all blog entries as new threads?

Use the feed function to generate postings from the blog.

regards
    Jens

Open Source: TGS CMS (vB-Content-Bridge) / Planet 3DNow! / Change prefixes with AJAX

Comment

• Deyth
      • Sep 2001
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by pipin
      Use the feed function to generate postings from the blog.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog_external.php
      Even though I'm not sure exactly how that would be done it seems that the new threads would be disconnected from the associated blog entries. Posts to the threads would not be comments for the entries. In a sense, the entry would be duplicated, right? What I need is for either the new thread to link back to the blog listing as soon as it's clicked. I'd also want the new thread to be made in the name of whoever made the blog entry.
      Deyth Valkyrre
      The Combine

Comment