X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grover
    • May 2001
    • 3.8.x

Google indexing of Blog articles.

Just a few weeks ago I noticed that the Blogarticles of my members where pretty good indexed by Google. It seemed that those articles where somehow even much better indexed compared to the forum-threads. They were perfectly findable on the first pages of Google, through their Article-title. Great!

However, I just noticed that those Blogarticles are now nowhere to be found on Google! How is this possible?

Has this maybe something to do with duplicate content or something? Because I just recently quoted (read : copied) a large forum-posting in one of my own Blogarticles. Or has this nothing to do with it whatsoever?

I am a bit worried, because the Blogarticles were boosting my traffic. And now they're gone from Google....
    Last edited by Grover; Wed 20 Aug '08, 9:28am.
    How much do you love XenForo?
  • Grover
    • May 2001
    • 3.8.x

Anyone else experience this issue?

Comment

• Grover
      • May 2001
      • 3.8.x

Well... I just posted the sentence above and decided to give it another check on Google. To my suprise the Blogarticles are now BACK in Google. And they are even better indexed then before!

Really, some of our Blogentries have a TOP-1 position in Google. This will do wonders for our traffic.

Although my blogissue is solved now, I wonder: why is it that vB Blogentries seem to have a much higher position in Google compared to vB Threads?

Comment

• Ba$im
        • Mar 2007

I don’t know if my post help you or not but i just have something like this
        that google was stop for more than month from archive
        showthread.php?t=****

so what I do is make robots.txt file and put on the it this

Code:
        User-agent: *
        # Allow: /showthread.php?t=
        after 1 day from doing this I swa google archive all new showthread.php?t=****

so I guess u can try same thing and put the url of blog artical format on robotx.txt like this
        Code:
        User-agent: *
        # Allow: /blog.php?b=

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...