Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doug Nelson
    • Aug 2001

"Please register if you'd like to comment" for blog guests

Is there a function or an edit where unregistered guests can be encouraged to register and leave comments for blogs?
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

You can maybe add this to which ever equals to a FORUMHOME template and then add custom phrases or maybe this would work asis. If it does not work, then replace phrases within code with custom phrases.
    Code:
    <if condition="$show['guest']">
    <!-- guest welcome message -->
    <table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
    <tr>
    	<td class="tcat"><phrase 1="$vboptions[bbtitle]">$vbphrase[welcome_to_the_x]</phrase></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    	<td class="alt1">
    		<phrase 1="faq.php$session[sessionurl_q]" 2="register.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[first_visit_message]</phrase>
    	</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <!-- / guest welcome message -->
    <br />
    </if>

Comment

• Doug Nelson
      • Aug 2001

Thanks. I'm not entirely certain what that's supposed to do or look like, so I don't know where to put it. If its the same welcome message the forum displays to new users, I already have that showing in the blogs. I was hoping for something to go over or under existing comments, or under blog posts if there aren't any comments yet.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...