• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle Creek
    • Apr 2003
    • 3.6.x

Can't install blog

When I try to do this:
    In the Import the XML file from your server field, enter: ./includes/xml/product-vbblog.xml

It says:
    Code:
    No file uploaded and no local file found.
    So I try to upload the file myself, then it says:
    Code:
    Please upload the files that came with the vBulletin Blog before installing or upgrading!

help?
    http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
    The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.
  • Freddie Bingham
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • May 2000
    • 1.1.x

It seems that you didn't upload the files in the includes/xml folder to the includes/xml folder of your forum.

Comment

• Eagle Creek
      • Apr 2003
      • 3.6.x

I'm sorry.. My fault.. I uploaded them into the wrong folder .*feels stupid* lol.

Anyway: Got just a quick question (I hope it's allowed), what does "Enable Trackback Server" / "pingback" mean?
      http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
      The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

Comment

• TTTG
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
        It seems that you didn't upload the files in the includes/xml folder to the includes/xml folder of your forum.
        I'm having exactly the same problem. Exactly how do I do this? I have uploaded the Upload file that came with the blog the Public_html folder. But when I try to import using "./includes/xml/product-vbblog.xml" I get the no file uploaded message.
        Last edited by TTTG; Thu 18 Oct '07, 4:56pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

You have to upload all the files and subdirectories under the 'upload' folder to their respective forum directories.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TTTG
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            You have to upload all the files and subdirectories under the 'upload' folder to their respective forum directories.
            This will sound simple I know but where are the forum directories. I'm using CuteFTP and when I connect to the server where would these be?

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
              • May 2000
              • 1.1.x

It depends solely on your particular directory structure. What directories do you seen when you connect? Do you see "www" or "public_html"? If so, look inside that directory for your forums directory.

Comment

• TTTG
                • Sep 2007

It depends solely on your particular directory structure. What directories do you seen when you connect? Do you see "www" or "public_html"? If so, look inside that directory for your forums directory.
                Thanks for the response

When I connect I see "public_html" so I uploaded the upload file that came with the blog into that. If i click on that there is no folder that says "forums". After I uploaded the upload folder into "public_html there are various blog files that I can see within "public_html"

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                  • May 2000
                  • 1.1.x

Ok, I see you had an installation done by us previously so I took a look at your directory structure. You need to take the contents of the "upload" folder and send them into the public_html folder. Do not upload the "upload" folder itself, but what is inside that folder.

Comment

• TTTG
                    • Sep 2007

Ok, I see you had an installation done by us previously so I took a look at your directory structure. You need to take the contents of the "upload" folder and send them into the public_html folder. Do not upload the "upload" folder itself, but what is inside that folder.
                    OK, I uploaded the contents of the upload folder to the public_html folder and now when i go to my site i just see this below. Any ideas?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/wwwfemin/public_html/global.php on line 267

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                      • May 2000
                      • 1.1.x

Your global.php is incomplete, you need to reupload it from the vBulletin upload folder.

Comment

• TTTG
                        • Sep 2007

Your global.php is incomplete, you need to reupload it from the vBulletin upload folder.
                        I re-uploaded the global.php file within the upload folder and I am still getting the same error message.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

Run 'Suspect File Version' in Diagnostics and report back the results.

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Do any show as 'File does not contain expected contents', 'version mismatch' or missing? If so, you need to reupload the original vB non-image files. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TTTG
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                            Run 'Suspect File Version' in Diagnostics and report back the results.

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Do any show as 'File does not contain expected contents', 'version mismatch' or missing? If so, you need to reupload the original vB non-image files. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
                            I can't get to my forum. all I get is the error message that I listed above. So I can't get to the Admin CP

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                              • Dec 2000
                              • 3.6.x

Freddie notified me about your problem. I did your installation last month. I used the info from your worksheet to login and reupload a fresh global.php file. It's working now.

If you still need help with the blog then please send me a PM with your current admin login so I can take care of that too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...