Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • areyes
    • Jul 2002

Install error: "Notice: Undefined variable: step in .."

I've installed php version 4.2.2 and MySql and vBulletin Lite version 1.0.1 (php version not the php3 version) for a client demo and I can't get past these errors when I try to run the install script via
    [url]http://servername/informationexchange2/admin/install.php[/url]

Has anyone had this problem?
    Many thanks in advance!
    Alison

-----------------------------------------------

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\vBulletinphp\lite\upload\admin\install.php on line 14

Welcome to vBulletin Lite version 1.0.1 Lite. Running this script will do a clean install of vBulletin onto your server.

Click here to continue ->

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\vBulletinphp\lite\upload\admin\install.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\vBulletinphp\lite\upload\admin\install.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\vBulletinphp\lite\upload\admin\install.php on line 98
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I'm not sure if vB Lite is compatible with PHP 4.2.2. Try setting register_globals 'On' in php.ini to see if that works.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Chen
      • Jun 2001

Also make sure that the "error_reporting" setting in php.ini is set to "E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE".
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• areyes
        • Jul 2002

No luck with the setting change and I restarted IIS...

I installed php version 4 because I couldn't get vBulletin working with php3. I was able to get vBulletin running off of my personal server running with PHP3 but it wasn't working on our production server. Both machines are Win 2000 running IIS, and I've done the install on both machines, so I'm not sure why PHP3 didn't work on our production machine.

If I try to run the install.php3 with php3 ([url]http://servername/informationexchange/admin/install.php3[/url]) I get the following common error:
        "You are not running PHP - Please contact your system administrator."

The problem is that I have installed PHP. Is there a way I can verify that when I right click "php_iis_reg.inf" and click install that it really installs?

Any ideas?

thanks!
        Alison

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

[php]<?php
          phpinfo();
          ?>[/php]Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• areyes
            • Jul 2002

Interesting....

Here's the link:
            [url]http://navpvias01/informationexchange/admin/install.php3[/url]

I had reinstalled php version 3, but it looks like version 4 is still installed.

I created another site not using php3 ..here's the url for that one :

[url]http://navpvias01/informationexchange2/admin/install.php[/url]

Thanks again,
            Alison

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Those are not links to your phpinfo.php file. They're not even vaild URLs. Is this on a private server?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• areyes
                • Jul 2002

[url]http://navpvias01/informationexchange/phpinfo.php[/url]

I just found out that this server may have been moved behind the firewall. If you can't see it, that's the case.

This is what I get when I run phpinfo...
                --------------------------------------------

PHP Version 4.2.2

System Windows NT 5.0 build 2195
                Build Date Jul 21 2002 23:51:43
                Server API CGI
                Virtual Directory Support enabled
                Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINNT\php.ini
                Debug Build no
                Thread Safety enabled

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

That's not enough information. We need to see the complete output of phpinfo.php.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• areyes
                    • Jul 2002

I've saved the source as .txt ...

I believe you'll be able to see everything if you change this extension from .txt to .php

Sorry, this is a client demo and apparently they moved the server inside the firewall last week. If this doesn't work is there any other way I could send you the output?

Thanks,
                    Alison

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Actually it's easier to read as an html file. Offhand I don't see anything out of the ordinary with this. Maybe FireFly has an idea.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• areyes
                        • Jul 2002

Is there a way to uninstall PHP4 cleanly so that I can reinstall php3?

I thought I had reinstalled php version 3 ... I went through the entire php3 install and right clicked "php_iis_reg.inf" and clicked install and restarted IIS.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...