newbie...vbulletin installation question...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marvc
    • Jul 2002

newbie...vbulletin installation question...

I'm about to install vbulletin lite onto my w2k ser running php home, which has apache, mysql, & php4. Your site says it has php & php3 extensions but I don't see anything about php4 extensions. Do I need to be concerned about this?
    2. It says I'll have to modify the config.php doc. Mysqladmin is showing a green light, therefore I'm assuming that the sql server is started and running. Is there anything I need to do prior to configuring this doc and uploading the files to the server? Do I need to have a database already created somewhere? How do I find the name of my database? The my.ini setup file show some info, how much of this should I use? Should I create another account or can I use the root account listed here?
    Any responses are appreciated.
  • Othafa
    • Mar 2002

if you have php4, then extensions should be just .php

dono about the other database stuff :X

Comment

• Cary
      • Apr 2002
      • 3.6.x

Regarding the database question:

Yes, you will need to have the database created before running setup... check with your host if you are unsure what your database name is.

Comment

• marvc
        • Jul 2002

I'm hosting my own server, onto which I've installed mysql, php, and apache. My question is now if I have mysql installed and working, will vblite notice the database and create from it or do I need to physically create a database for vblite? The instructions doesn't say so, but I'm just wondering.

Comment

• Othafa
          • Mar 2002

you'll have to create it yourself in winmysqladmin
          Last edited by Othafa; Wed 9 Oct '02, 5:42pm.

Comment

• marvc
            • Jul 2002

Cool. I've created my database using mysql front. Now what does it mean when it says to upload? I'm on W2K, is that the same as simply placing the files in the www directory? Or is there some special trick to doing this?

Anyone??

Comment

• marvc
              • Jul 2002

Issue resolved. Able to finally configure vblite on WAMP server.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...