Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Incognito
    • Jun 2002

How to set up vBulletin lite?!?!?!

Ok, I am a complete n00b to this. I have a website at [url]www.modulus.plus.com.[/url] I wish to create a vBulletin lite forum within the website. E.g. there would be a link on a page called forums and then that link takes you to the main page of the forums.

From Plus Net I have 50 Mb of web space. I created a MySQL database for my website using the plus net website and it (the MySQL database) has been created. I know all of the below for the database:

Host
    Username
    Password
    DB Name

My ISP is Plus Net ([url]www.plus.net[/url])

I have created a MySQL database.

I wish to know what I need to do and where and when I need to do it to create a vBulletin lite forum on my website...

If you need more information, fire away with your questions.

Thanks

Thanks
  • Incognito
    • Jun 2002

Also, it seems that the link to my website ([url]www.modulus.plus.com[/url]) redirects to the plus net site if it is placed in a forum. Therefore you may need to enter [url]www.modulus.plus.com[/url] into your internet browser if you wish to check the site.

Comment

• Cary
      • Apr 2002
      • 3.6.x

You may need to create a username/password for your database... you can probably do this at the same place where you created your database... if you can't find it there, check with your host.

Host: localhost
      Username: *check with your host*
      Password: *check with your host*
      DB Name: (whatever you named your DB)

Comment

• Incognito
        • Jun 2002

Ok...

I know all of the below for the database:

Host
        Username
        Password
        DB Name

How do I decide where the forum goes on my site?
        And are there any traps that people often fall into that I should be aware of?

(I noticed somebody had made a "sticky" of somebody's tut. on how to make a forum using vBulletin lite but it seems that all the links are broken and that means that I cannot access the tut. :( )

Thanks again :)
        Last edited by Incognito; Fri 28 Jun '02, 4:12pm.

Comment

• Cary
          • Apr 2002
          • 3.6.x

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Incognito [/i]
          [B]How do I decide where the forum goes on my site?[/B][/QUOTE]

You have to upload the vBLite files into the folder of your choice. People usually put it in a folder named /forum/ or /forums/

[quote]
          And are there any traps that people often fall into that I should be aware of?
          [/quote]

Not any that I can think of right now... if you have any problems, you can always ask for help here :)

Comment

• Incognito
            • Jun 2002

Thanks a bunch :)

I'll get back to ya A.S.A.P. to let ya know how its going :)

BTW, I would just like to say that it is v. impressive that the response on this forum is so rapid. I mean you replied within like 30secs. of my post. That's so cool :)

Thanks again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...