Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • masterpaladin
    • Jun 2002

Having BIG Problems

does this work with geocities ? I don't understand what to do with msql . I downloaded it to desktop but don't know how to run it or where to put it. I will buy a version if I see I can get the lite version working. I really like the way these forums work , I am now using E-Z boards and am not happy with it at all.
  • DWZ
    • Jan 2002

Geocities don't have PHP or MySQL, you need both of these for vBulletin to work.

Comment

• masterpaladin
      • Jun 2002

they do have PHP from what I have read it is fairly new but they do have it I see it listed when I make pages but they said they do not have but do support MySQL if you have a place to download it and thats my prob. right now.. where the heck do I put it . my PC keeps telling me that I am not running php but that could be because I don't have any programs that use it.

Comment

• masterpaladin
        • Jun 2002

better question is what site or server does support both . I may get an addy there . that would be the easiest way .

Comment

• Raz Meister
          • Jun 2001

PHP and MySQL are premium services that are not provided by GeoCities.

You will need to pay for hosting. I would recommend [url]http://www.venturesonline.com/[/url]
          Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

• DWZ
            • Jan 2002

or Myacen if you want something cheap but with great service: [url]http://www.myacen.com/[/url]

Comment

• masterpaladin
              • Jun 2002

OK ... I went with [url]http://www.venturesonline.com/[/url]
              and asked for the name ttbforums the email says something about going to register.com .Question do I now have to buy the name ttbforms as well as the 20 dollars to get the site ? I got the v200 I can upload but vbulliten lite still won't load the ip addy is 209.151.86.34 this is all new to me and I can't get it to work :(:(

Comment

• andrewpfeifer
                • Oct 2000
                • 3.5.x

You will have to buy a domain name, I recommend [url]www.godaddy.com[/url] . You will be paying 16.95 a month if you're on the V200 plan (I'm on that also). You will have to access the site by the IP until you get the domain name up, which at that point it will work if you used the same domain name when you signed up on VO as you bought.
                - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

• masterpaladin
                  • Jun 2002

ok ty . I hate to keep bothering everyone but I will lmao . I uploaded all the files in vlite entered [url]http://209.151.86.34/vblite/admin/install.php[/url]
                  and I get an error message no such page

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Geocities does offer PHP support. Though they make no mention of MySQL. However PHP is only offered under their Advantage package which is $19.95 a month and you only get a 100 MB of webspace (though there is a total of 125 MB of email space, go figure).

You should shop around for a good host that offers PHP and MySQL.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• masterpaladin
                      • Jun 2002

luke I have venturesonline the v200 package it has both but I still can't get it working

Comment

• masterpaladin
                        • Jun 2002

if I can get the vBulliten lite working I want to buy and install the pay version today. but I don't want to spend 85 dollars if I can't get it running. I have a site at venturersonline and have the v200 package i was told it would work there . but I can't get the php to install.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

That error indicates there in no file there. Are you sure you are using the correct IP and that you have uploaded the vblite files to the vbilte directory and subdirectories?
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• masterpaladin
                            • Jun 2002

I give up . I made a folder called vblite and put 2 other folders in it admin and images just the way I unziped it . used ftp and uploaded it to the site and it still tells me it's not there

Comment

• andrewpfeifer
                              • Oct 2000
                              • 3.5.x

Did you make a database?
                              - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...