Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alberto666
    • Jun 2002

I can't go to step two

Hi everybody. I've tried to install vbulletin lite in my own server (win98, apache1.3, php 4.2 and mysql). I run the install.php and it seem to work correctly, I see:

Welcome to vBulletin Lite version 1.0.1 Lite. Running this script will do a clean install of vBulletin onto your server.

Click here to continue ->

and the path is [url]http://localhost/lite/admin/install.php[/url]
    next, y click on "Click here to continue ->", and it goes to [url]http://localhost/lite/admin/install.php?step=2[/url] but he page is the same that before, I click "Click here to continue ->" but is goes to the same page, it not continue, why can it be???
    thanks a lot
  • MUG
    • Apr 2002

Sounds like register_globals is disabled on that server. vB Lite requires it, while vB 2.2.6 does not. It can be turned on in php.ini if you own the server, or ask your webhost to enable it.

Comment

• alberto666
      • Jun 2002

Finally, no problem :-)
      I've restart and then I got it XD
      Thanks a lot

i'VE changed php.ini, and now I have the same problem, and another one :-)
      I've tried to use error_reporting(7); , but it is the same...
      Here you can see my new error :-(
      [QUOTE]

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 14

Welcome to vBulletin Lite version 1.0.1 Lite. Running this script will do a clean install of vBulletin onto your server.

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 98

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 163

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 187

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 272

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 305

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 318

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 370[/QUOTE]
      Last edited by alberto666; Sat 8 Jun '02, 6:04am.

Comment

• MUG
        • Apr 2002

Interesting... can you post your php.ini?

Comment

• alberto666
          • Jun 2002

Of course. But as you can se above, I've yet solved my problem.
          Note: I'll attach as .txt to be able to attach.

Comment

• didjital
            • Jun 2002

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 14

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 98

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 163

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 187

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 272

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 305

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 318

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\htdocs\lite\admin\install.php on line 370

Im having this exact same problem. my site is hosted by datastreamusa.com. my domain is txstangs.com. in the control panel, i turned on php access or whatever..im stumped???

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

[php]<?php
              phpinfo();
              ?>[/php]Upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• didjital
                • Jun 2002

[url]http://www.txstangs.com/vblite/phpinfo.php[/url]

Comment

• didjital
                  • Jun 2002

this is what i get when i try to install:

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Accounts\didjital\txstangs.com\www\vblite\admin\install.php on line 14

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Accounts\didjital\txstangs.com\www\vblite\admin\install.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Accounts\didjital\txstangs.com\www\vblite\admin\install.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Accounts\didjital\txstangs.com\www\vblite\admin\install.php on line 98

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Accounts\didjital\txstangs.com\www\vblite\admin\install.php on line 163

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Accounts\didjital\txstangs.com\www\vblite\admin\install.php on line 187

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Accounts\didjital\txstangs.com\www\vblite\admin\install.php on line 272

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Accounts\didjital\txstangs.com\www\vblite\admin\install.php on line 305

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Accounts\didjital\txstangs.com\www\vblite\admin\install.php on line 318

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Accounts\didjital\txstangs.com\www\vblite\admin\install.php on line 370

i emailed my host, hopefully they will respond to me today :rolleyes:

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Your host's server is running PHP 4.2.0 with register_globals off. Unfortunately you won't be able to run vB Lite on it. The only version of vB that would run on that server is vB 2.2.6. Sorry!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• didjital
                      • Jun 2002

well thats good, as long as i can get the main version working....i dont really care about vblite, just wanted to see if i could get it setup at all ;)

so is 2.26 the latest version?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Yes, 2.2.6 is the latest version and it was specifically written to work with PHP 4.2.0/4.2.1 and register_globals being off.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...