Clear All
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

According to phpinfo, the directory for mysql.sock is:

/tmp/mysql.sock

...not

/vs4/vs4/moscraps/tmp/mysql.sock

..as is in your my.cnf file. If this is a dedicated server, then change my.cnf to the correct mysql.sock directory and restart MySQL.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pokonski
      • Jun 2002

I finally got a tech at AIT to understand what I was asking. He said that I have to either have a TELNET acct. or a feature they call dBManager (for mySQL) to connect to the dB server. (Is that normal?) So they're setting that up for me right now for a nominal monthly fee. I imagine that after they set that up, I should see mysql.sock in the tmp directory, right?
      We'll see if that takes care of things.

ON A COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE: Why are the time-stamps on these posts so way far off? It's about 8 am right now and this place says it's after lunch!?!?

***Follow UP ***
      That did the trick. I'm still curious about the time thing, though. It weirds me out that the time is GMT - is there any way to change it to Central?
      Last edited by pokonski; Sat 8 Jun '02, 3:53pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...