X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asparatu
    • May 2002

Install Problem

when i try to do the install of Lite version i ge these errors

Can some please help me with it. i dont know much about PHP and MYSQL... i think i have PHP working right at lest seem to be but i dont know about MMYSQL but that looks like its working also

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vblite\admin\install.php on line 14

Welcome to vBulletin Lite version 1.0.1 Lite. Running this script will do a clean install of vBulletin onto your server.

Click here to continue ->

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vblite\admin\install.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vblite\admin\install.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vblite\admin\install.php on line 98

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vblite\admin\install.php on line 163

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vblite\admin\install.php on line 187

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vblite\admin\install.php on line 272

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vblite\admin\install.php on line 305

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vblite\admin\install.php on line 318

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vblite\admin\install.php on line 370
  • newuser
    • Jun 2002

Any help out there???

I have WinXP Pro and have installed PHP and MySQL. I have and am able to successfully create and connect to databases, run PHP scripts and so I think my setup works as far as these two components go.

However, I get the same errors as the post above when running [b]./admin/install.php[/b]... I wonder if it is the WinXP, but who knows?

[quote]
    Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\admin\install.php on line 14

Welcome to vBulletin Lite version 1.0.1 Lite. Running this script will do a clean install of vBulletin onto your server.

Click here to continue ->

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\admin\install.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\admin\install.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\admin\install.php on line 98

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\admin\install.php on line 163

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\admin\install.php on line 187

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\admin\install.php on line 272

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\admin\install.php on line 305

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\admin\install.php on line 318

Notice: Undefined variable: step in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\admin\install.php on line 370
    [/quote]

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Both of you, do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

[php]<?php
      phpinfo();
      ?>[/php]Then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• newuser
        • Jun 2002

[url]http://forum.shobee.com/dbtest.php[/url]

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

newuser, your server's PHP has register_globals set to 'Off'. This needs to be 'On' for vB Lite to work.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• newuser
            • Jun 2002

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by smachol [/i]
            [B]newuser, your server's PHP has register_globals set to 'Off'. This needs to be 'On' for vB Lite to work. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! that fixed it!

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

No problem! :)

By the way, vB 2.2.6 will work with register_globals Off.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Goody2
                • Jun 2002

?

How do you make sure they are on?

Comment

• filburt1
                  • Feb 2002

Re: ?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Goody2 [/i]
                  [B]How do you make sure they are on? [/B][/QUOTE]

Your php.ini file (it should be in your windows directory) should have the line 'register_globals=on' in it.
                  --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                  Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                  vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Goody2
                    • Jun 2002

dont have one on my system....

Comment

• filburt1
                      • Feb 2002

Then make one with this in it:
                      [code]
                      [php]
                      register_globals=on
                      [/code]
                      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...