Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bugsysiegel
    • May 2002

Admin login issue

Similar problem to what was reported in [URL=http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46111]this[/URL] thread, however I do not even get the option to log in as administrator at any point. According to the directions, the last step is to create the admin account, but my last step is 8, where I'm told to delete the to install*.php files, then the install ends.

TIA for your time.

Bugsy
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Did you edit the config.php file to put in the admin password like I stated in that thread?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bugsysiegel
      • May 2002

sure did. :) even changed it a couple times, but like I mentioned, I never get the opportunity to log in... at all. It never prompts me for the password, if I try to log into the admin page it tells me i'm not authorized.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

PM me the password you added to config.php and the URL to your admin cp and I'll take a look.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bugsysiegel
          • May 2002

The login page is now coming up, however, when I enter my password, nothing happens. This is a bummer, the install went so smoothly, too.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Doublecheck the password in the config.php file. Change it if necessary and try again.

I also wonder if this might be related to the 403 (Forbidden) erros I get when trying to access your forums and admin page?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• bugsysiegel
              • May 2002

want to try hitting it via my ip? maybe you are getting the 403 errors from the forwarding domain. I can hit the forum pages ok locally.

tried changing the password, no joy.

206.183.9.114\forums

206.183.9.114\forums\admin

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Nope.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• bugsysiegel
                  • May 2002

forget it, it's not worth this much trouble.

Comment