Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bgraham
    • May 2002

vBulletin (or PHP) killing my ASP pages

I run a modest ISP (< 250 sites). One of the servers used for online shopping sites has also recently been made a vbulletin host as well. MySQL and PHP were not installed so I installed and configured them. I then installed and configured vBulletin Lite. All went well - except now when vBulletin forum's are administered or posted to all my ASP based pages stop working. It seems that whenever a PHP page is accessed ASP pages stop working. All the shopping sites are ASP based.

I read somewhere on the PHP site that it's not recommended to use the .dll method of execution with IIS so I switched to the php.exe configuration. That did seem to help extend the time between vBulletin usage and ASP based pages hanging. But it didn't correct the problem.

So my questions are:
    1) Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
    2) Where do I start to debug and make sure this is a PHP issue and not MySQL or vBulletin?

This is a good product and I plan to purchase as soon as this "bug" is worked out.

Thanks,
    Brian Graham
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...