• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ludoh
    • May 2002

customizing vBulletin

Hi

Since I can not post to the customization group:
    I only have HTML knowledge, is it possible to change the lay out of vBulletin? If not are there people who could help me?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Yes, this is certainly possible, particularly if you know HTML. vB is template driven and you can change all aspects of how your forums display by modifying the templates.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ludoh
      • May 2002

Hello
      Thx 4 the fast reply.
      I downloaded vbulletinlite101.
      Could you tell me which file(s) I have to change. btw I looked to other examples and I saw the customization was not done 'to the bone'. Only small changes had been made, is it possible to chreate your own style of rows and colums (in Dreamweaver)
      Thank you so much
      Ludo from Belgium

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Actually I'm not sure that vB Lite even has templates. If they do, it would be in the Admin CP.

...moving to vB Lite forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ludoh
          • May 2002

Hello
          It looks like Admin CP is not a part of vbulletinlite 101.
          Does that mean you can only change the Lay-out on the full version?
          Are their any examples where the lay-out is [COLOR=blue]completely[/COLOR] customized (also the tables and fonts) so vBulletin is only used for the database-management features?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

I'm not sure why anyone would want to use the vB backend strictly for database management but I guess it would be possible with a lot of hacking. What exactly is it that you want to do? If it's changing how the forums look, then this can be easily done with the template system (and some knowledge of HTML.)

You can look at the vB template system by visiting the Admin CP Demo at:

[url]http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.html[/url]

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Hachi
              • May 2002

If I could would it be possible or legal to add sections on to the Vb Lite. Like if I knew how the bb worked make hacks for it and change the layout?

Comment

• George L
                Former vBulletin Support
                • May 2000
                • 3.8.x

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hachi [/i]
                [B]If I could would it be possible or legal to add sections on to the Vb Lite. Like if I knew how the bb worked make hacks for it and change the layout? [/B][/QUOTE] as long as you don't distribute the hacks for profit or anything like that... for you own use it's okay.. but you won't get any support from vbulletin.com if you have problems
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Hachi
                  • May 2002

Thats fine, thanks.

Comment

• Beramode
                    • Apr 2002

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ludoh [/i]
                    [B]Hello
                    It looks like Admin CP is not a part of vbulletinlite 101.
                    Does that mean you can only change the Lay-out on the full version?
                    [/B][/QUOTE]

vBulletin lite is designed to test PHP and MySQL on your web server, and to find out if the full version will work before you buying. It is not designed to be used as a substitute over the full version.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...