Creating Table in Database?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Table in Database?

Hello. I'm in the process of installing the lite version to see how well it functions on my website. I'm currently using UBB. I haven't worked with MySQL before and in the read me file it states that I must Edit the config.php file to match your MySQL settings. I logged into my sites control panel and installed MySQL from there as a available option. I didn't have to download it from MySQL.com. The site is on a UNIX platform. After installing MySQL, it's now asking me to create a new table and how many fields. Is this necessary for me to create before I begin installation? If so, how many fields do I create?

(I searched through this site but I couldn't find a viable answer pertaining to my question.)

thank you

BGR
    Last edited by BGR; Thu 2nd May '02, 11:51am.

just create the database name.. that's all you need both vB lite and full version will create the tables/fields etc when you run the install routine
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Whoops... Now it's asking me to supply Field Specifications:

Field | Type | Length/Set | Attributes | Null | Default | Extra | Primary | Index | Unique |

Type has a drop down menu with:[list][*]SMALLINT[*]MEDIUMINT[*]INT[*]BIGINT[*]FLOAT[*]DOUBLE[*]DECIMAL[*]DATE[*]TIMESTAMP[*]DATESTAMP[/list]

Attributes has a drop down menu with:[list][*]UNSIGNED[*]UNSIGNED ZEROFILL[/list]

Null has a drop down menu with:[list][*]NULL[*]NOTNULL[/list]

Primary Index Unique are all check boxes.

If I click the create table button without making any entries and just using the defaul, it returns an error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'TINYINT NULL )' at line 1

Does any of this make any sense?

thanks

BGR

Comment

are you using webmin ?
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Sorry, I have no idea. I just looked up webmin on google.com to see what you meant. I don't know. I just access my control panel to my site by typing (example) [url]http://cp.mydomain.com[/url] and this control panel appears. Yes, it's a UNIX based server. From my control panel, I clicked on the link for web and then from the next page, I clicked on MySQL. First it prompted me to install MySQL, so I did, then it prompted for a table. Where I'm at is the info I posted above.

By the way, tech support for my site is a joke. I have a help desk call submitted but no one answers it.

Comment

NEVER MIND

I switched over to phpBB2. It's much much much much easier to install. Looks great. Has many of features. And is free.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X