Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianDH
    • Apr 2002

Got vbLite to work on win2K IIS 5

2 changes had to be made to get vbLite to run on oyr 2000 server both within the php.ini file

php.ini change to:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

register_globals = On

Note the capital 'O' in On. For some reason Windows servers are picky about this.

After these changes it now works!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Glad to hear it Brian! You should post the URL because people are always asking to see a live vB Lite forum.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BrianDH
      • Apr 2002

not yep out there

Well as you saw yesterday we have it running on a closed server. This is for our intranet, only if you are on out LAN/WAN will this ever be viwable.

We plann to buy the production version I hope with in the next 2 weeks.

One other thing I didn't mention was I think it helped when I installed PHP3 then PHP 4.+. After that the code changes I made to the INI worked like a champ. But thats sill a little bit of a guess.

I am VERY new to PHP so not sure why thats just what happen for me. I am a long time MS VBScript/JScript ASP developer.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Re: not yep out there

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BrianDH [/i]
        [B]Well as you saw yesterday we have it running on a closed server. This is for our intranet, only if you are on out LAN/WAN will this ever be viwable. [/B][/QUOTE]You don't honestly expect me to remembwer something I read yesterday, do you? ;)
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hilliwt
          • May 2002

Re: Got vbLite to work on win2K IIS 5

IIS .. I wonder if thats a good idea, I hope you got your patches. If it is really not open to the world, I guess it will survive.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BrianDH [/i]
          [B]2 changes had to be made to get vbLite to run on oyr 2000 server both within the php.ini file

php.ini change to:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

register_globals = On

Note the capital 'O' in On. For some reason Windows servers are picky about this.

After these changes it now works! [/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...