Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dirt_Diga
    • Apr 2002

Help Please

I'm having trouble installing Vbulletin Lite. [url]http://chat.belizeweb.com/forums/admin/install.php[/url]

Has anyone seen anything like this? I'm running Windows 2000/IIS

I think this could be a mysql error. How do I check to see if mysql is installed properly?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What's on line 14 of install.php? Have you entered all th required variables into the config.php file?

<moving to the vB Lite forum>
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Dirt_Diga
      • Apr 2002

Still need help!

I had replace localhost with my IP but that did not work either. I read somewhere that I should just leave it as is. This is how my config.php looks:

<?php

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
      // Please note that if you get any errors when connecting, //
      // that you will need to email your host as we cannot tell //
      // you what your specific values are supposed to be //
      /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// type of database running
      // (only mysql is supported at the moment)
      $dbservertype="mysql";

// hostname or ip of server
      $servername="localhost";

// username and password to log onto db server
      $dbusername="root";
      $dbpassword="";

// name of database
      $dbname="freewareforum";

//password needed to enter the control panel
      $cppassword="foy4wellesley";

?>

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

'Localhost' is correct. You need to also put in the correct dbusername, dbpassword and dbname variables. If you are unsure of what these are or the ones you think you have aren't working, you'll need to contact your host.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Dirt_Diga
          • Apr 2002

I'm installing on my own computer. I'm the host and a very experinced one at that. That's why I'm asking you for help.

My machine is running Windows 2000/IIS before attempting to install vb lite I had downloaded mysql and php and installed them both. I don't know how to set up a new user. I know nothing about mysql. This is why I posted this in the Mysql forum, hoping to get the help I need.

Can you help me, please?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

I told you what you need to do. You need to enter the correct variables into config.php. As for installing MySQL that was not the content of your original post. You could post a more specific question, i.e., 'how do I set up a new user?' in the MySQL forum. You should also become very familar with the [url=http://www.mysql.com/]MySQL Home Page[/url]. Virtually any question you have can be answered there. Good luck!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Dirt_Diga
              • Apr 2002

Ok, I set up user and password for Mysql and I was able to successfully install vb lite. Now, could you explain to me why my forum looks like this? [url]http://chat.belizeweb.com/forums/index.php[/url]

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Well you actually didn't succesffuly install it if you get those errors. Sorry but all I can suggest is that you clear everything and reinstall.

P.S. Make sure you upload all the php files in ASCII format.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Dirt_Diga
                  • Apr 2002

Smachol,

I did as you suggested. I deleted everything and uploaded the files again. But I am still seeing all those blasted warnings.

[url]http://chat.belizeweb.com/forums/admin/install.php[/url]

Do you have any idea at all what could be missing? Could it be that my PHP server is not configured properly or something? I'm really ignorant and desperate as you can see. Please, any help or guidance in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Sorry but this looks like a MySQL problem. Have you verified yet that you have a good MySQL installation?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Dirt_Diga
                      • Apr 2002

MySQL Installation

I do not know how to verify if I have a good MySQL installation. This is all new to me. The only thing I did was open the 'bin' directory and ran the executable file labled, 'winmysqladmin.exe'. Is there something that I am missing? What else should I do?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Sorry, I can't help you. You might try [url]http://www.mysql.com[/url] for some ideas. Good luck!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...