Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sametch
    • Apr 2002

Should I delete config.php

I notice that config.php remains after the installation. Should this be deleted because it contains all the information needed to hack into my mysql database?

Alan
  • playdoh
    • Mar 2002

keep it, no one could just look into it by entering the url to it. you need da config.php or else vb wouldnt know where the mysql db is.

Comment

• sametch
      • Apr 2002

Question re php files

I am fairly new to php. I can see the config.php file but when I view it I get a blank page. My concern is there may be some way of downloading the php code itself (like you can download a html file by save as) and hence finding the passwords to my databases.

Am I worrying unneccessary?

What about offline readers can they get to the php code?

Alan

Comment

• Othafa
        • Mar 2002

I can't say that I'm an expert with PHP, but I'm not exactly a beginner either. I don't have vB; I only have vBulletin Lite. I think that this is the answer to your question:

If you look at the PHP code (in config.php), you'll see that there is no 'echo' or 'print,' therefore none of the code between <?php and ?> will be printed. That means that no one can view it simply by typing in the URL to their browser. And anyway, I thought think that you need to keep this file since it has your database info.

I hope that I'm right on that, and I hope that was helpful.

Comment

• roly
          • Feb 2002

Re: Question re php files

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sametch [/i]
          [B]I am fairly new to php. I can see the config.php file but when I view it I get a blank page. My concern is there may be some way of downloading the php code itself (like you can download a html file by save as) and hence finding the passwords to my databases.

Am I worrying unneccessary?

What about offline readers can they get to the php code?

Alan [/B][/QUOTE]
          no

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...