X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GilgaTex
    • Apr 2002

Nothing happens when I try to install

Step 1:
    Welcome to vBulletin Lite version 1.0.1 Lite. Running this script will do a clean install of vBulletin onto your server.

Click here to continue ->

Step 2:
    Welcome to vBulletin Lite version 1.0.1 Lite. Running this script will do a clean install of vBulletin onto your server.

Click here to continue ->

That's all I can see, is there something I forgot to set up?

I'm running Redhat linux 7.2, apache 1.3.24, php 4.2.1, and mysql 3.23.29a
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I'm going to ask a dumb question, but are you clicking on the 'Click here to continue" link?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• GilgaTex
      • Apr 2002

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by smachol [/i]
      [B]I'm going to ask a dumb question, but are you clicking on the 'Click here to continue" link? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep. The link in the address bar changes to .../admin/install.php?step=2, but nothing else happens.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Are you sure you have PHP and MySQL installed on this server? What are the versions?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• GilgaTex
          • Apr 2002

[B]Are you sure you have PHP and MySQL installed on this server? What are the versions? [/B][/QUOTE]
          [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GilgaTex [/i]
          [B]I'm running Redhat linux 7.2, apache 1.3.24, php 4.2.1, and mysql 3.23.29a [/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

There is no PHP 4.2.1. Can you create a phpinfo.php file on your server and post the URL here? Use this content:

[php]<?php
            phpinfo();
            ?>[/php]

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• GilgaTex
              • Apr 2002

My apologizes, 4.1.2

[url]http://followthefan.com/index.php[/url] should work (hopefully).

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Thanks! Offhand I don't see anything here that would cause a problem.

After clicking on "Click here to continue' in Step 2, nothing happens, right? How long do you wait?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• GilgaTex
                  • Apr 2002

[B]Thanks! Offhand I don't see anything here that would cause a problem.

After clicking on "Click here to continue' in Step 2, nothing happens, right? How long do you wait? [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't have to wait. It immediately loads the next page with the above text (from the first post). It doesn't even change the title of the page, just the link in the address bar. If you want to see for yourself, [url]http://followthefan.com/el/admin/install.php[/url]

Also, if I click next when it says in the address bar that it's on step=2, it remains at step=2 on the page after that.
                  Last edited by GilgaTex; Tue 2 Apr '02, 9:46am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Ok, I see what you mean. Very strange indeed!

All I can suggest at this point is to make sure you have modified config.php with your system's variables and if you still have a problem reupload vB Lite, making sure all the PHP scripts are uploaded in ASCII. Other than that, I'm stumped. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• GilgaTex
                      • Apr 2002

I think there is something wrong with php

I made a page with this in it:

[code]<?php
                      echo "Class = $class";
                      ?>[/code]

Yet no matter what you call it with (e.g. [url]http://followthefan.com/index.php?class=3[/url] ), it doesn't show anything. I'm still pretty new to php, but I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be happening. That would also explain the install script, because it never gets to $page=2

Any idea what might be wrong?

Comment

• RaNg3r
                        • Apr 2002

Solution

I had the same sort of problem, but I got it fixed, here is the post with the solution:

[url]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=45007[/url]

Hope this helps :D

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...