Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • al3x
    • Jan 2002

problems installing vbulletin

hi i am trying setup vbulletin on a free host called portland.co.uk but im having some problems. i already signed up for mysql. but when i goto step 3 in the installation of vbulletin, it gives me this message,
    Attempting to attach to database...

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (79) in ./ db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in ./db_mysql.php on line 47
    and i also receive
    Attempting to attach to database...

Connect failed: unexpected error from the database.

Error number: 1044

Error description: Access denied for user: 'dsfb@localhost' to database 'vbulletin'

Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.

i know that i configure my config.php correctly. i left the server hostname/ip to 'localhost'(and i also try putting the ftp ip). i set the username and password to the same thing that i use to login to my portland ftp site. what could be the problem so i can get vbulletin to work?
  • Dimava
    • Jul 2001

most of the time, the DB name is the same as your username. It looks like you life the DB name to "vbulletin"

-Dimava
    NXSupport Admin

Comment

• al3x
      • Jan 2002

nope that didn't work. any other suggestions?

Comment

• Dimava
        • Jul 2001

well you should find out what your DB name is. That is where the problem is. There is a 99% chance that your DB is not named vbulletin

-Dimava
        NXSupport Admin

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Either your dbusername, dbpassword and/or dbname is wrong. If you don't know what these are, ask your host for the information.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...