Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knell
    • Sep 2001

step 2 problem

Hello, I'm attempting to install the latest 'lite' version on a FreeBSD box;
    (FreeBSD ns1.larlar.net 4.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #0: Sat Apr 21 10:54:49 GMT 2001 [email][email protected][/email]:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC i386)

with PHP 4.0.5 (tried *.6 as well), Apache 1.3.19, and mysql 3.23.42 and when I get to step two via install.php it passes ?step=2 but it doesn't do anything, no error, no nothing, it just stays on step 1.
    i.e. install.php->:
    -------
    Welcome to vBulletin Lite version 1.0.1 Lite. Running this script will do a clean install of vBulletin onto your server.

Click here to continue ->
    -----
    install.php?step=2->:
    -------
    Welcome to vBulletin Lite version 1.0.1 Lite. Running this script will do a clean install of vBulletin onto your server.

Click here to continue ->
    -----

I also just made a test script "<?php print "$blah - $QUERY_STRING - $HTTP_GET_VARS[blah]"; ?>"
    to insure that it was getting the value of variables and sure enough it was!

any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks Tony!
  • knell
    • Sep 2001

I found the problem, it was the 'register_globals' option in php.ini.
    It was set to 'Off' and once I changed it to 'On' and HUP'd apache it worked like a charm!

Thanks,

Tony

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

Great! :)

Please enter your license information in your [url=http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?action=editprofile]profile[/url]. See the link in my sig for more info. Thanks! :)

Comment

• knell
        • Sep 2001

tubedogg, it's the lite version.

Comment

• Chen
          • Jun 2001

Hehe :p
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• GWallace
            • Dec 2001

Excellent Find....

I would like to thank you for this tip. I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks. :)
            Have a good day!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...