Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bouley86
    • Apr 2001

HELP....fast!!!!!!

HELP ME!!!! Im not understanding the settings in the config.php file. I dont understand what anything is.

What does it mean by hostname?
    Are the user name and pass the ones I use to log into my server control panel?
    What does it mean by the name of database?

Please help, fast!
  • Zef Hemel
    • Jan 2001

To host your vB lite you need a mysql database. When you bought/obtained your hosting your host probably send you an e-mail with the data you need to use this. If not e-mail them or seek through their FAQs. The hostname is the name of the database server (normally filling in 'localhost' will work) the username is probably just the username you login with to ftp too (not always, but most of the time) same for the password.

Comment

• Bouley86
      • Apr 2001

Ok, i keep getting these warning messages:

Warning: Access denied for user: 'Bouley86@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/bouley86.com/httpdocs/vblite/admin/db_mysql.php on line 31

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/bouley86.com/httpdocs/vblite/admin/db_mysql.php on line 37

What should I do and/or change?

Comment

• Zef Hemel
        • Jan 2001

Well probably your username and password don't match. Make sure the username for your mysql db is equal to the one you use for other purposes.

Comment

• Bouley86
          • Apr 2001

What i don't understand is why its putting '(using password: YES)' cuz thas not what i put in the config file. I did realize I was using the wrong pass, but should the user/pass be the same as my FTP user/pass or should it be the one for my server because they aren't the same?

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

'YES' as in "yes, you are using a password but it would be a huge security risk to put it here."

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...