X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeithMcL
    • Jun 2000
    • 3.6.x

Installation Problems

I downloaded and installed vBLite, but every time is go to run the install.php file I get the message saying "Your not running PHP - Please..."

I then emailed my hosts and here is the reply I got from them :

"We do not support 3rd party scripts. I also created a test.php3 file and was able to view it with no problem. As I stated, we do not support 3rd party scripts, but here is what I observed from the vblite php software. You
    have not set any info for this. Also, you will need to change the .php to .php3, I know that you did that, but you need to edit your php files to match the changes. Also, you need to set a dbname and other variables inside the global.php file, which is called by every php script that vblite uses."

I previously tried running the phpinfo page using both a .php and a .php3 extention. The .php one shows a blank page and then .php3 page gives me the save/open dialog box. I have previously ran .php pages on my host without any problems. Also, I have setup all the correct info needed in the config.php page.

Does anyone have any ideas on what more I can try? If I do get the vBlite forum to run and I like it I most likely will purchase the full version.

Hope some one can help.
    Much Appreciated.

• Tom
    • Jun 2000

Try adding this:

AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php

to .htaccess

in your root directory

Comment

• thetakerfan
      • Jun 2000

I'm having the same problem

I can't get it to work either, it just starts to DL the script

Comment

• manifesto
        • Apr 2000

KeithMcL - Download something like Textpad (www.textpad.com), and use it's search/replace feature to replace ".php" with ".php3". Be sure to get the "." in there, or it will replace other things you don't want it to.

Do this in all your scripts, then re-upload them and it should work.

thetakerfan - Is PHP3 or PHP4 installed on your server? If so, make sure it parses .php. If it only parses .php3, and your host won't make a global change to let .php be parsed by it, try what Tom suggested with the .htaccess file. If that doesn't work, and your server does parse .php3 correctly, then follow the above steps and it should work.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• thetakerfan
          • Jun 2000

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by manifesto [/i]
          thetakerfan - Is PHP3 or PHP4 installed on your server? If so, make sure it parses .php. If it only parses .php3, and your host won't make a global change to let .php be parsed by it, try what Tom suggested with the .htaccess file. If that doesn't work, and your server does parse .php3 correctly, then follow the above steps and it should work.
          [/B][/QUOTE]
          I was told that it supports PHP3, but I have never used any PHP scripts before, this is my first, so I'm probably making a very stupid mistake. I also tried making a MIME Type so that is would parse PHP, if the extension was the problem, that didn't work either.
          What is phpinfo?

Comment

• manifesto
            • Apr 2000

Phpinfo is a script that will tell you all about the php install on your server (see [url="http://feyenoordforever.nl/phpinfo.php3"]this site[/url] for an example of one).

My guess is that the problem is with the extension. Can you point us to your forums location? It might help a little (though probably not if it just dls the script, but it can't hurt).

If it is the extension, then I would use Textpad to replace .php with .php3 (make sure the . is in there, or it'll change stuff you don't want to change). That may solve it (I had a similar problem with my old server, and this is what I had to do to fix it).

Even if you do get it working, I would ask your host to upgrade to PHP4, since it's a stable release now.

[Edited by manifesto on 06-21-2000 at 11:41 AM]

Comment

• thetakerfan
              • Jun 2000

Does anyone know where I can DL phpinfo?

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.6.x

You don't - it's a simple script:
                [code]<?php
                phpinfo();
                ?>[/code]

Comment

• KeithMcL
                  • Jun 2000
                  • 3.6.x

Got it working :)

I did what Tom advised and added the line AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php to my .htaccess file and the install procedure worked. Now i'm getting Parse error: parse error in /vblite/index.php on line 69.

Line 69 in my index.php file reads:

eval("\$forumbits . = \"".gettemplate("forumhomebit")."\";");

From what I can tell I setup all the settings correctly.

Anyone got any ideas on this error?

Comment

• George L
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • May 2000
                    • 3.8.x

read this

[url]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1195[/url]
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• KeithMcL
                      • Jun 2000
                      • 3.6.x

Got it working :)

ok, for anyone else getting this parse error on line 69 here's the fix (found on another post).

In line 69 : eval("\$forumbits . = \"".gettemplate("forumhomebit")."\";"); remove the space between the . and the = sign. i.e. forumbits . = \

It worked for me.

Comment

• thetakerfan
                        • Jun 2000

PHPInfo doesn&#039;t work

even PHPInfo doesn't work, when I try to run it, it attempts to DL the script, I tried with .php, .php3
                        When i try php4 it just prints out the script
                        [code]<?php
                        phpinfo();
                        ?>[/code]

Comment

• WEAPON
                          • May 2000

thetakerfan, are you sure PHP is enabled on your server?

Comment

• thetakerfan
                            • Jun 2000

I have asked the support guy several times, and he keeps saying that it is, I'm really disliking the host.
                            It's not my site, its a friends, but if it were up to me I would dump this host

Comment

• manifesto
                              • Apr 2000

It sounds like PHP may not actually be installed. If it was, it should parse at least one of them.

The last thing you can try (it's a long shot...), is .phtml. It was an option with my last host (I have no idea why), so maybe that's an option with yours. Like I said, it's a long shot, but beyond making absolutely sure that PHP is installed, I can't think of anything else...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...