Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steven
    • Jun 2000

What does this mean?

I'm trying to install the freeware version 0.9, (because it won't let me get 0.91) but it won't let me check my database connectivity. It says
    Warning: Unknown MySQL Server Host 'baddealings' (0) in db_mysql.php on line 29. What should Ido to fix this?

This is what I read in CuteHTML
    if ( 0 == $this->link_id ) {
    if ($this->password=="") {
    $this->link_id=mysql_pconnect($this->server,$this->user);
    } else {
    $this->link_id=mysql_pconnect($this->server,$this->user,$this->password);
    }
    if (!$this->link_id) {
    $this->halt("Link-ID == false, connect failed"

Now I know that I will have to put my password, but where should I put my user name/hostname, anywhere other than the config.php file? thanks

[Edited by steven on 06-17-2000 at 06:13 PM]
  • wandrer
    • Apr 2000

[quote] Host 'baddealings' [/quote]

If mysqld is running on the same computer as your webserver and PHP, the host should normally be 'localhost'. If it is not 'localhost', it should be an IP address/domain name of the mysql server.

Comment

• steven
      • Jun 2000

Thanks wanderer for the reply, as I fixed that step. However in step 4 it says
      Setting up tables...

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Now what should I do. Thanks for all the help

Steven

Comment

• doron
        • Apr 2000

post the email you got, it will tell you what the error was.

Comment

• steven
          • Jun 2000

My question now is in the config.php file, do i use the freeware forum dbname, or should i delete the freeware forum and leave it blank? Because the freeware forum dbname is is uploaded it gives me this message
          Connect failed: unexpected error from the database.

Error number: 1044

Error description: Access denied for user: 'baddealings@localhost' to database 'freewareforum'

Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.

And when I delete freeware forums as the dbname, it gives me the message i posted above. So I am in a catch 22. What should I do

Comment

• steven
            • Jun 2000

Ok, I figured out the problem and fixed it. Thanks for all the help

Steven

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...