X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aj bruno
    • May 2009
    • 3.7.x

VB 3.7.0, MySQL 4.1 and PHP 4.0 site down

I tried to log into my site this morning and get the following errors...

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/e/g/regulatorftp/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/e/g/regulatorftp/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/e/g/regulatorftp/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/e/g/regulatorftp/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/e/g/regulatorftp/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/e/g/regulatorftp/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/e/g/regulatorftp/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/e/g/regulatorftp/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/e/g/regulatorftp/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/e/g/regulatorftp/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2514

I did some internet searching and saw some stuff about php version.

I called my isp (go daddy) and they informed me that they have dropped support for php 4.0

Hence the reason my site is down.....

I could not persuade them to re-enable it temporarily.

They give me the option of upgrading to php 5.2 or 5.3

I am currently doing a backup of the mysql db....

I setup this site 5 years ago and haven't made any changes...... obviously I need to now.

If I upgrade to php 5.2 or 5.3 will that make my site work again?

Will I need to upgrade mysql or vbulletin to get the site back online?

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Those errors look like someone already upgraded your site to php5.3 which is NOT going to work with your version. You will need to go with PHP5.2

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• aj bruno
      • May 2009
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      Those errors look like someone already upgraded your site to php5.3 which is NOT going to work with your version. You will need to go with PHP5.2
      I am the only user who has access to my site. I guess it is possible that my isp did this? Going forward, if I configure my isp to use php 5.2 out of the box will it start working again or will I need to do other config changes.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

It should work with PHP5.2. But I don't know what other changes were made on your site. A site doesn't suddenly start spitting out errors when nobody did anything to it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• aj bruno
          • May 2009
          • 3.7.x

Like I said, When I spoke with my isp they informed me that they have disabled php 4.0 support on their server/my site. So that leaves me with no version of php running on my site. I am going to enable php 5.2 and see if the site comes back to life... thx.

- - - Updated - - -

I had my isp implement php 5.2 and the site is now available! Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...