Need urgent help with file path problem!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • z0diac
    • Oct 2006

Need urgent help with file path problem!

[solved]
    Last edited by z0diac; Fri 9 Nov '12, 11:19am.
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type

This should allow you to Move Items to a Different Directory.

Comment

• z0diac
      • Oct 2006

Ok, under AdminCP>Attachments>Attachments Storage Type it says:

Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at /var/www/vhosts/ontariostorms.com/httpdocs/attachments

But that directory *does not exist* on this server. It was the directory on my last server. So if I select a new directory won't it mess everything up? Won't it try to copy files from a folder that doesn't exist?

Where *is* this setting? (/var/www/vhosts/ontariostorms.com/httpdocs/attachments)

Maybe if I just change it to the new attachment directory things will work? All the attachments have been copied over from the old server. But they're in /home/storms/public_html/attachments

Comment

• Merjawy
        • Sep 2002

You do need to change the path to the new one in that setting and it will complain till you get it right... Also, make sure that folder is chmod 777 or you won't be able to create/rebuild thumbnails
        To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
        CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
        Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• z0diac
          • Oct 2006

Now, if I just change it in the box in AdminCP to the directory where they currently are, it won't start destroying that directory will it? Like by trying to copy files from a directory that doesn't exist (it's current setting) into the new location. ?

Also: why do SOME thumbnails/attachments work and display the picture fine, and not others???
          Last edited by z0diac; Fri 24 Aug '12, 7:59am.

Comment

• Merjawy
            • Sep 2002

It will not copy files over for you.. Instead, it will tell you to manually copy the files over, which you don't need to since they are already in there

Just a general tip, always have a current backup of your forum/attachments
            To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
            My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
            CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
            Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...