X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve340
    • Feb 2012
    • 4.1.x

Site Down, typical Database error

I went to mysql and repaired the database there, no help, can someone remind me how to access the vb tools so I can go in and fix the tables in the software? I would appreciate it.

Steve
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by steve340
    I went to mysql and repaired the database there, no help, can someone remind me how to access the vb tools so I can go in and fix the tables in the software? I would appreciate it.

Steve
    What db error are you getting? You can't fix all db errors with a simple repair.

Comment

• steve340
      • Feb 2012
      • 4.1.x

Yep your right

I even went to the mysql and tried to fix it, its probably screwed. I get the database error on the home screen, cannot access the admincp, and I tried uploading tools, and it also has a database error. www.aircraftmechanic.org is the URL, I JUST bought a brand new version of VB to use on another website I just registered, what if I used that to upgrade my website? That should cure the problem yes?
      I am not even getting the usual database error emails, This is the worst its broken in 7+ years. Any help would be apprecated

Thank you
      Steve

Originally posted by borbole
      What db error are you getting? You can't fix all db errors with a simple repair.

Comment

• borbole
        • Feb 2010

I even went to the mysql and tried to fix it, its probably screwed. I get the database error on the home screen, cannot access the admincp, and I tried uploading tools, and it also has a database error. www.aircraftmechanic.org is the URL, I JUST bought a brand new version of VB to use on another website I just registered, what if I used that to upgrade my website? That should cure the problem yes?
        I am not even getting the usual database error emails, This is the worst its broken in 7+ years. Any help would be apprecated

Thank you
        Steve
        I get a blank page when loading your forum. Can you post here the full mysql errors that you received to your email? Without knowing the real error/s would be very hard to pinpoint the problem/s.

Anyway, there is an article at the online manual about the blank pages. Have a look at it and try the suggestions mentioned there.

P.s. Did you do any modification/change to your forum before the db error happened btw?

Comment

• steve340
          • Feb 2012
          • 4.1.x

appreciate your help

Originally posted by borbole
          I get a blank page when loading your forum. Can you post here the full mysql errors that you received to your email? Without knowing the real error/s would be very hard to pinpoint the problem/s.

Anyway, there is an article at the online manual about the blank pages. Have a look at it and try the suggestions mentioned there.

P.s. Did you do any modification/change to your forum before the db error happened btw?
          problem is, I am not getting the Emails, the usual vbulletin database errors. At first I would get a error on the home screen, but no specifics. And no, I have done nothing to the site in years. It has been up going on 8 years, and most times, redoing the tables in the admincp would correct it. This is weird. I hate to use my brand new Vbulletin I just bought for my other website. But it may be the only answer. Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
          Steve

Comment

• melbo
            • Apr 2005
            • 3.8.x

vBSEO? I had this very same problem when I was hit by the exploit a couple weeks ago.

Comment

• borbole
              • Feb 2010

problem is, I am not getting the Emails, the usual vbulletin database errors. At first I would get a error on the home screen, but no specifics. And no, I have done nothing to the site in years. It has been up going on 8 years, and most times, redoing the tables in the admincp would correct it. This is weird. I hate to use my brand new Vbulletin I just bought for my other website. But it may be the only answer. Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
              Steve
              As I said, without seeing the actual db errors it would be very hard to give you useful advice. All one can do is to guess.

Anyway, I can load your forum fine now. I take it that whatever those errors were now they are gone. For future reference, if you get a db error again, view the page source and note the full precise error message.

Also make regular backups of your database. Another thing I would advice you to do is to upgrade your forum to the latest version of the serie that you are using, i.e. 3.8x.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...