• Show
Clear All
  • JackSparrow
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

Fata Error Help!

I receive the following error:

vBulletin datastore error caused by one or more of the following:
    1. You may have uploaded vBulletin 3.6 files without also running the vBulletin upgrade script. If you have not run the upgrade script, do so now.
    2. The datastore cache may have been corrupted. Run Rebuild Bitfields from tools.php, which you can upload from the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package.

Fatal error: vBulletin datastore cache incomplete or corrupt in /includes/init.php on line 213
    I have not changed the version of vbulletin, but my host recently ran a malware scan, which may have interfered with some files.

I do not know how to do "run rebuild bitfields from tools.php." I cannot access admincp. The link to the admincp gives the exact same error. Any help is appreciated!
  • JackSparrow
    • Jan 2008

Update: I figured out that I should upload tools.php to the admincp directory and then run that from my browser. When I did that I got redirected to google and then a prompt came up asking me to scan my computer for viruses, which is an obvious malware program.

I guess at this point I should completely reinstall the forum.

Is it possible that my forum sql database is corrupt too?

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

You think this is from what your host did? I would definitely let them know what happened to your site after they ran the scan (and perhaps made some changes?).

So, you tried to go to yoursite.com/admincp/tools.php and got redirected? Have you looked to see if maybe you have an .htaccess file doing the redirecting?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• JackSparrow
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Lynne
        You think this is from what your host did? I would definitely let them know what happened to your site after they ran the scan (and perhaps made some changes?).

So, you tried to go to yoursite.com/admincp/tools.php and got redirected? Have you looked to see if maybe you have an .htaccess file doing the redirecting?
        Well, my site had all of the .htaccess files changed so that it redirects you and tries to scan your computer for a virus. I deleted all of the those files and haven't had a problem. I guess they might have used the forum to hack into the site.

Comment

• JackSparrow
          • Jan 2008

Update: I uploaded version 3.8 to a new directory and did an install, using the sql database from my forum. It said it had already been installed and that I should upgrade. So, I followed the instructions, and when it goes to the admincp, I get the redirect to the virus.

Is it possible that my forum database has malware in it?

Edit: I searched the forum database and I find multiple instances of tonycar.com, which is part of the redirection. Is there anyway to fix this?
          Last edited by JackSparrow; Wed 15 Jun '11, 8:02am.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

You'd be best off starting a ticket and explaining everything and letting us take a look.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...