Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markro
    • Jun 2004

Reparsing Links in Text

A friend of mine is running a forum and he recently imported to vBulletin 3.7.2, although there is an issue.

All the previous posts that include links are not clickable. For example, if someone posted http://www.vbulletin.com in their post, it's simply text and not a link. Is there a way to massively reparse or update the post content so that links are clickable?

Oh also, when he manually edits a post and saves the edit, the text "links", turn into actual links, although this isn't very viable having to massively edit all posts. Any ideas?

Edit: I tried: Rebuild Thread Information, Rebuild Post Cache. No worky

Thanks in advance!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

He "imported" to 3.7.2? If so, then the links won't be parsed because any imported wouldn't know whether to assume the links should be parsed or not (it's an option when you make your post). When you edit the post, you have the option again to either the links or not and the default is to parse them which is why the links are then parsed.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Markro
      • Jun 2004

I figured that was the issue.

Is there a way to massively reparse existing posts?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

No, I know of no such thing. You would need to write a script to look at every post, see if there are urls in it, if so, parse them, then resave the post.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...