Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLCTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by kersti
    I never delete these users, I simply change their username to "zzz Username zzz", change their email and their password so that they can never get in again. It maintains the continuit of threads and allows me to remove problem posts while keeping useful information in other posts
    If the reason for the "deletion" was to protect someone's privacy (that's usually the reason at my Foreskin forum), note that their old Username would still appear in postings where they had been quoted by others. Search and manually replace? Or is there a smart way to purge those instances?

Leave a comment:

• Solice
    replied
    Originally posted by kersti
    I never delete these users, I simply change their username to "zzz Username zzz", change their email and their password so that they can never get in again. It maintains the continuit of threads and allows me to remove problem posts while keeping useful information in other posts
    Smart! I'll remember that

Leave a comment:

• kersti
    replied

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    You should run the query at teh SQL tab in the phpmyadmin which can be found at the cp of your host. Additionaly, you can run it from your admin cp-Maintenance-Execute SQL Query.

@Lats, thank you for filling in that about that threads part. It had slipped my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Solice
    replied
    Thanks a lot.
    But where do I post the code?

Im familiar with admin CP but not phpmyadmin...

Leave a comment:

• Lats
    replied
    Best to check if the guest has made a first post otherwise you could lose a whole thread...
    Code:
    DELETE FROM
        userid = 0
    AND
        parentid > 0

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by Solice
    I deleted a member, and all his post are noe posted by guest
    (I dont have any guests at my forum)
    But can I delete all those post at one time?
    (and not take one by one...? )
    If you don''t have any other posts by regular guests that you want to keep, then run this query at phpmyadmin and it will take care of it.

Code:
    DELETE FROM post WHERE userid = 0;
    If your db tables have a prefix, then include that as well in the query. Let me know how it will go.

Leave a comment:

• Solice
    started a topic Delete posts of deleted user?

Delete posts of deleted user?

I deleted a member, and all his post are noe posted by guest
    (I dont have any guests at my forum)
    But can I delete all those post at one time?
    (and not take one by one...? )