PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vitrag24
    • Aug 2006

This time got 3 emails for ipn failure of subscription failure, previously I was getting them only when non vb subscription notification.
    If U Think Ur Life Getting Necrosed,Ur Dreames Inflammed,Ur Thoughts Thrombosed,Then Try This Out.Spread D Neoplasia Of Love Around U.
    V.H.SHAH

Comment

• DT1014
      • Feb 2006
      • 3.5.x

They cancelled us....VB sucks.

Comment

• sross
        • Mar 2004

I get 3 or so a day but haven't been canceled. Does vbull team have no comment on this issue yet?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Please see this for help troubleshooting Paid Subscription problems, specifically post #2:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DT1014
            • Feb 2006
            • 3.5.x

Steve,

You FAIL pal. This is NOT about ppverify.php We run 2 STOCK VB SITES, but Paypal still sends the notice about ppverify.php. What's your explanation now?

Don't close threads that you know nothing about.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

I didn't close any threads.

Besides nothing in vB tells PayPal to send the notice to ppverify.php and I challenge you to produce a line of code in vB that does this.

The options are these. If you have removed all your add-ons and followed the troubleshooting instructions, then either:

1. Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

2. Otherwise if you believe this is a bug in vB then you can report this in the vB4 Bug Tracker here:

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sross
                • Mar 2004

Steve, you stated "Check your Paypal IPN settings and make sure your Notification URL is empty." however that is not an option, paypal will not let me save a blank field there. So I have this there: http://www.mydomain.com/forums/payme...?method=paypal I am wondering if vbseo is an issue. Maybe everyone that has this problem has vbseo installed and the vbseo htaccess is interfering?

Comment

• DesignWerks
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sross
                  Steve, you stated "Check your Paypal IPN settings and make sure your Notification URL is empty." however that is not an option, paypal will not let me save a blank field there. So I have this there: http://www.mydomain.com/forums/payme...?method=paypal I am wondering if vbseo is an issue. Maybe everyone that has this problem has vbseo installed and the vbseo htaccess is interfering?
                  Yes I tried to enable IPN Messages this morning with an empty Notification URL and received the following error:
                  "You must enter a properly formatted URL into the Notification URL field in order to activate Instant Payment Notification."

I do not have vbseo installed.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Please see post #126 for the available options.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• DT1014
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 3.5.x

Funny stuff. Got it re enabled through Paypal, but the errors started right back up again. SAME NIGHT!!! This file doesnt even exist!

Vbulletin has become so blind, that I refuse to even submit support ticket anymore. Somewhere along the line, the support crew has become disconnected from the company. So we're all in deep doodoo.

Hello <NAME>,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.<DOMAIN>.com/ppverify.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DT1014
                        Funny stuff. Got it re enabled through Paypal, but the errors started right back up again. SAME NIGHT!!! This file doesnt even exist!

Vbulletin has become so blind, that I refuse to even submit support ticket anymore. Somewhere along the line, the support crew has become disconnected from the company. So we're all in deep doodoo.
                        http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91567 ppverify.php is NOT a vBulletin file, looks like you have an addon.

If you want to start a support ticket and put it with my attention i'll take a look at your install. But if you refuse best of luck dealing with your paypal problems.

Comment

• DT1014
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by zachery
                          http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91567 ppverify.php is not a vbulletin file, looks like you have an addon.
                          again... No there is no addon! We don't even have that file on the server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again... No there is no addon! We don't even have that file on the server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again... No there is no addon! We don't even have that file on the server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Then start a support ticket, so we can take a look and fix the problem.

Comment

• MRGTB
                              • May 2005

I've been reading that a few people using the "IPB Subscription Manager" add-on have also been having these same problems with PayPal. Are you sure this is not a problem on PayPals end? Seems odd that people are flagging this same issue up with IPB as well.

Comment

• Carsafety
                                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by sross
                                I have started to have this problem recently too, including the notification emails from Paypal about disabling IPN. I went through all the steps in the thread Steve Machol linked and ended up with the same issue. To have IPN enabled, you cannot leave the URL notification field blank as indicated in the second post of that thread.

I also checked the IPN history and found that most (if not all) of the errors there are due to payments that were made manually or responses to manual money requests outside of the vBulletin subscription system. As far as I know, the subscriptions were working normally until now that the IPN is disabled since I tried to enable it with no URL notification address. Now I'm stuck and fear that subscriptions may not work either. I submitted a support request. Anyone know something valid to put in that field that won't result in errors?

I note that I had not made any type of recent changes when I got the first error email. I do not run vBSEO. The errors did prompt me to update from 3.8.5 to 3.8.6 and do some other maintenance, but this did not fix the issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...