X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KrisP
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.7.x

"Last edited by ..." and Administrator

I have a user I have made administrator (primary usergroup = administrators). Under usergroups manager I have set "Show edited by note on edited messages?" to "no" for administrators. The old administrator dosent show this "Last edited by" message when editing posts, but the new administrator does? How can that be?

All administrator permissions where set to "yes" after upgrading the user to admin-
    Last edited by KrisP; Fri 1 Jan '10, 9:45pm.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Are you referring to new edits or to older posts that have been edited?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• KrisP
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.7.x

Older posts that have been edited

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

The setting is not retoactive. It only applies to newer posts, and if a reason is edited, it will show regardless. Also, if the edited by note shows once, it will continue to show.

Comment

• KrisP
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.7.x

No, sorry - I meant only older posts that does not already contain the edited message.

Comment

• CarlosFandango
            • Feb 2009
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by KrisP
            I have a user I have made administrator (primary usergroup = administrators). Under usergroups manager I have set "Show edited by note on edited messages?" to "no" for administrators. The old administrator dosent show this "Last edited by" message when editing posts, but the new administrator does? How can that be?

All administrator permissions where set to "yes" after upgrading the user to admin-
            Hi KrisP,
            I'm using vB4 but I guess this may still be of some use in 3.7.
            You probably already know this but I had a similar problem where as the Admin I was leaving my 'Last Edited by' details over posts when I didn't want to. My Admin group permissions were set correctly i.e. set to NO and yet I was leaving my foot print.... why... well I had also set my Admin account in the 'Additional Group' of 'Registered User' and I guessed it was because I was also a member of 'Registered Users'. I took my account out of the 'Registered Users' group i.e. Admin Group only and hey presto.... no foot prints.

The posts I edited in the past still retain the original editing date/time but they don't update the date/time if I edit them again

Hope that helps

Regards

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...