Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Muzza
    • Feb 2008

Paid Subscriptions

I am currently setting up a paid membership level scheme on my forum. I have a couple of questions!

1. If a member purchases a monthly recurring subscription, is the member prompted to make payment when the montly billing date comes round? Do they receive an email invoice automatically? Or do they receive a notice when they log in to the forum? Or, are they billed automatically without even being prompted? I have linked my subscription system with paypal only.

2. If a person purchases a membership (for a certain account level), when they go to usercp and look at "paid subscriptions" will it indicate to the member what level they have purchase and when their membership expires?

3. When a person purchases a membership, can they automatically be assigned to the usergroup which has those special features without them have to wait for me to manually add them to the special usergroup they have paid for?

4. For people who purchase a non-recurring subscription, do they receive notification when their membership is about to expire?

5. When using paypal, is it mandatory to set up Instant Payment Notification or is that not necessary for the subscription system to function correctly?

6. For a non-recurring subscription, when the period of membership expires, does the member's access level automatically revert to their default usergroup?
    Last edited by Muzza; Tue 6 Oct '09, 3:48pm.