X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XGC Viper XI
    • Sep 2007
    • 5.5.x

Part of URL missing

We have vBulletin setup in a forums folder and we have a CMS frontend that ties into the vbulletin for login and user info. When a message suchas don't have permissions or force to password reset is displayed while in the forums location everything works fine. When I login or use the cookie reentry from the from the CMS page, this messages get messed up completely in all relations to URL path. The VBulletin settings are set the correct values.

I can I force these messages to be launched from the site/forum location?

Goto www.xiledgaming.com/forums (This part removed due to problem fixed). You should see a vBulletin Message for permissions. Then click on the Home button located on the top nav bar. You will see what I am talking about. When you look at the URL it is missing the forums as this should have been the same.

If the user logins in and nothing needs to be displayed then it needs to route where it currently goes.

THanks,

Viper
    Last edited by XGC Viper XI; Fri 4 Sep '09, 12:56pm.
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

I would just tell you this, but a simple fix ( not real a fix ) a simple editing to give your image a direct url path.
    Seems to act normal, as vBulletin will not recognize that portal page (not a CMS). You need to ask in over at the author of that portal script to get error message pages to work on non-vBulletin pages.
    Try to make sure you have image path is in correct folder and same case spelling. Use absolute pathes to your images.

Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > (Select Style) > StyleVars -> Image Paths
    Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > (Select Style) > Main CSS
    Admin CP > Smilies / Avatars / Post Icons
    Admin CP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Thread Display Options (showthread) -> Show Default Post Icon

Absolute path:
    http://www.your_domain_name.com/images/

Relative path:
    images/icons/pip.gif

Note: you did not type in correct url (Uniform Resource Locator) for your site or you have recently change it. Drop the (s) from forum(s)

Comment

• XGC Viper XI
      • Sep 2007
      • 5.5.x

I tried that but that was only solving a part of it. When those are to be launched, I need them to be by default launched from the XiledGaming/forums location. Otherwise, yeah fix images but everything else is dead in the water.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Your URL is wrong, it's forum, not forums.

Anyway, your stylesheet url is wrong, so you either want to add a line for your home page to set the <base url> (HTML base tag) or, there is a mod over at vb.org to correct the link to the style (Prefix url if storing CSS as a files)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Lynne
          Anyway, your stylesheet url is wrong
          Did not bother to use my firebug to test that part out, but it does work... I do so hate hard coded work that you can not easily edit though your own admin panel and override something that so basic... I did not know that, so I guess it was not basic enough. good catch though...

Comment

• XGC Viper XI
            • Sep 2007
            • 5.5.x

You are correct the link is www.xiledgaming.com/forum.

Sorry mistyped it. It not the style sheets that is the problem. Its the sequence of events. For example if you login to the homepage with an incorrect login and password, it redirects you back to the /forum directory and displays the message appropriately. But if I am already logged in and I go to the home page or on redirect, something does a check then launches the messages. What I need to know is what does that check and where is it, so I can redirect the correct path to launch the message. The problem is that the messages are being launched from two locations when they should only be launched from the /forum folder.

Comment

• XGC Viper XI
              • Sep 2007
              • 5.5.x

New Direction

Since the first part cannot be answered, lets take a new direction that would help me troubleshoot my problem. The answer to the following question could help.

When a user logins in or accesses the site with a cookie, what file or process checks the user's validity for vBulletin when they first hit the site?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

That would be login.php.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• XGC Viper XI
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                  Your URL is wrong, it's forum, not forums.

Anyway, your stylesheet url is wrong, so you either want to add a line for your home page to set the <base url> (HTML base tag) or, there is a mod over at vb.org to correct the link to the style (Prefix url if storing CSS as a files)
                  Thank you, I was looking at the problem from a different perspective. Your solution was the correct one.

So I set my images for that theme to absolute path to them in the stylesVar section and add the <base url> (HTML base tag) to the STANDARD_ERROR_LITE, and STANDARD_ERROR_LOGIN code and it solved my problem.

Thanks Again,
                  XGC xVIPERx XI

Comment

• ekool
                    • Jun 2003

Just ran into this issue with a mobile skin for my site and vbseo. This fixed the issue, thanks for the link!
                    Sites I Run: Motorola Droid / Verizon Droid Forum, Nexus One Forum, iPhone News, Wii News & Wii Forum, HTC EVO Forum, iPad Forum, iPhone 4 Forum, Android Forum, Sprint Android Forum, AT&T Android Forum, T-Mobile Android Forum, Droid X Forum, HTC Incredible Forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...