X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chutzpah
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.7.x

Creating forum registrations automatically from an external site

I've done some searching (both and google and on here) and can't find an answer to this, sorry if there has already been a post about this or the answer is obvious.

We are currently running our main site, and vBulletin forum alongside. People have to register to use the features of the main site, and then currently register separately for the forum.

Whereas our main site has been tremendously successful and has over 2000 registrations already, a very tiny fraction (2%) of that has signed up to our forum.

We want to really get the forum going, and I am trying to find out if there is some way to link forum registration with an external site, i.e. when people register on the main site they instantly get registered for the forum too.

I can't find anything about this in the manual or on the vBulletin.org modifications site.

Can anyone help? I can't believe that I would be the first with this problem.

Thanks in advance!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

It will really depends on how linked you want the two things. It shouldn't be impossible to pass data to the vbulletin system and insert users with similiar information into vBulletin as well. However if you want to keep both of these records up to date that will take considerabl more work.

You're going to need to write custom code and review the apis and vBulletin code to do what you want. This isn't something support can help you with. If you need pointers to the right direction questions asked on vBulletin.org should be anwsered most of the time and help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...