How to Mass COPY all threads from 1 forum to another! (kind of exact duplicate copy)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlyGhost
    • Jan 2005

How to Mass COPY all threads from 1 forum to another! (kind of exact duplicate copy)

How to Mass COPY all threads from 1 forum to another?

Lets say I have 500 threads in Forum A , I want to "COPY" these 500 threads to another Forum B. (NOT move , just Copy)

So its kind of DUPLICATE Forum A to Forum B , exact copy of all threads including all posts inside , just exact copy duplicate all threads from 1 forum to another!

Is there a way to do this? I tried using admin/moderator options but there is NO copy option , only move/delete/and so on ...
    Copy option shows up ONLY under EACH THREAD , NOT for mass-thread copying.

How to do this?

Thanks in advance..

P.S: I'm using "vBulletin v3.7.4 Patch Level 1"
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

There's no way to do this with the default software.

Have you considered moving them and leaving redirects in Forum A? Would help keep the database size down, not skew post counts etc also...
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• tenoch
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
      There's no way to do this with the default software.

Have you considered moving them and leaving redirects in Forum A? Would help keep the database size down, not skew post counts etc also...
      I need to mass copy too

I have a forum for online training courses

Every two months there is a new online course

I need to copy tread by tread each time

MOVE does not work for me, because Forum A, will be still available for customers for 3 months, and they dont have to see new forum B, because is a new online course

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...