X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoolin
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.7.x

Installation error (Step 2)

I changed the values in my config.php file and am still getting an error in Step two of the installation. I made sure the values in the config.php file were correct numerous times so I'm not sure what the issue is. I do know I have a huge headache now, though. Here is the error I am recieving..

Step 2) Connect to the database

Attempting to attach to database
    Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) /home/spoolin/bsdsmforums.org/includes/class_core.php on line 311
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

This means that the information in your config.php file is incorrect, most likely the mysql server name. If you are not sure what the correct information to use is, or are getting this error despite the correct information being present in config.php then you will need to contact your host for help with this.

Comment

• Spoolin
      • Mar 2009
      • 3.7.x

Thank you so much Kerry!! Problem solved thanks to you.

Comment

• Spoolin
        • Mar 2009
        • 3.7.x

Okay, getting another error. This time on step 6

Step 6) Importing Language
        Importing vbulletin-language.xml

XML Error: %1$s at Line %2$s

Comment

• peterska2
          • Oct 2003
          • 3.7.x

That one's easier One or more files hasn't uploaded correctly. Reupload your files then restart the installation from where it left off.

Comment

• Spoolin
            • Mar 2009
            • 3.7.x

Just tried deleting and re-uploading the language.xml file but that didn't work out so well for me, same error and the entire file would not upload. Seem's like there is an issue with the file itself? So right now I am doing as you suggested and re-uploading all the files. I'll let you know how that turns out in a few minutes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...