X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottsmac
    • Sep 2008

mods & 24 hour posts

hi,
    how do i increase, or is there a setting i can use that will allow me to show more than the 24 hour last post count???
    because when the new post button is pressed, it leaves alot of posts hidden, and then i have to search through the relative, posts, or topics to find them, and my users have to do the same

so basically what im wanting is, if the new post button is pressed, it will show the top 100 posts maybe, and will give people a look at the posts that are active throughout the forums
    rather than posts that get left for dead, or ignored, as alot them dont show up in the 24 hour list
    does vbulletin cater for this please, and if so how please????

also how do i set 1 user to act as a mod throufgout the whole forums, rather than having to add him 1 at a time to each section ????

sorry if these are noob question, as im not very clever with computers
  • glennybee
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.7.x

I'm not sure about your newposts question but regarding the moderator question...make the moderator a super moderator and they can moderator the whole forum without being added to each individual forum.

Or...

Within the Moderator Usergroup settings, set Can Moderate All Forums (is Super Moderator) to yes.

Comment

• scottsmac
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by glennybee
      I'm not sure about your newposts question but regarding the moderator question...make the moderator a super moderator and they can moderator the whole forum without being added to each individual forum.

Or...

Within the Moderator Usergroup settings, set Can Moderate All Forums (is Super Moderator) to yes.
      thanks for your help, nice 1

Comment

• scottsmac
        • Sep 2008

any 1 on the new posts??
        can i increase the time, or posts shown??

Comment

• Lats
          • Mar 2002

The new posts functions correctly, showing only unread posts which most people want.

You can adjust the daily, or 24 hour, search by adjust the navbar template and adding the red bit...
          Code:
          do=getdaily[COLOR=red]&days=X[/COLOR]
          Change X to the number of days you require.
          Lats...

Comment

• scottsmac
            • Sep 2008

brilliant thanks
            where do i find this code to change please???

is it in my admincp, or is it a ftp job i need to do???
            sorry im really new to all this
            still a great post though thanks

Comment

• Lats
              • Mar 2002

It's a template edit, the navbar template, in the admin control panel. Try searching for getdaily in the templates.
              Lats...

Comment

• scottsmac
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Lats
                It's a template edit, the navbar template, in the admin control panel. Try searching for getdaily in the templates.
                thanks i did that, but theres loads that say :-
                do=getdaily
                so do i do them alll?????

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...