Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talk Pets
    • Mar 2008

Lock forums to guests

How do I lock forums to guest/not registered users?
    I would like them to be able to see the forum but not the threads in there.
    I am sure theres an easy way to do - I just havent found it

Also, this message:
    If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    shown to all guests/not reg. users, how do I change that into a text what I would like?

Any help is appriciated
  • Talk Pets
    • Mar 2008

Ok I found the answer to one of my questions in here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=change+text

Now I´m missing how to show a locked icon on all forums for all guests/not registered users. One that will go away when people sign up or log in.

Perhaps I should specify that I dont just mean set the forums to say "private" - but I would like an icon showing the forum is locked and still show number of threads and posts in that forum. They just cant access the forums to see the threads and posts.

Am I making sense?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Listings Display Options -> Show Lock Icons to Users -> Yes
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Talk Pets
        • Mar 2008

Thank you - thats almost excatly what I was looking for

Only problem now, is that this message:

There are no posts in this forum

is what they see when they click in the locked sections. And thats not completly true. We just dont want them to see them.

Can the text be changed somewhere? Perhaps to explain that it is due to not being logged in that the content can not be viewed?

We´ll figure out the wording ourself but would like to know if the above can be changed?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Not sure if this does what you want but you can try this:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Can View Forum -> Yes

and

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup (Unregistered) -> Post / Thread Permissions -> Can View Thread Content -> No

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Talk Pets
            • Mar 2008

Not sure what went wrong but now noone can see anything

Everything seems locked now - despite the settings is correct when checking usergroup manager.

When checking Forums & Moderators and then Forum permissions everything seems ok aswell.

Except its not.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Please post all the exact relevant settings.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Talk Pets
                • Mar 2008

Its ok. I am adjusting the settings one forum after the other. If you mess it up you can fix it right

I would just like to change the text There are no posts in this forum if possible and will look into that later

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...